So I saw one of the biggest tomatoes I had ever grown the other day

A big fused, Belgium Giant I think, still green but you could tell that it was getting ready to start turning… so I go out there today and it’s on the ground with a fucking bite mark in it… out of all the tomatoes it will just take that one I want, like it somehow knows that’s the one… it was the only one I found on the ground or that had been fucked with. It did it to me like a week ago with my first ripe cherokee purple.

So… I’ve been picking my tomatoes right when they start turning, I’d rather ripen them on the table than feed them to whatever these animals are. Some of them are around 7ft tall and huge at this point, a few are ready to die but have some tomatoes on them. I’m starting to pick quite a few and they’re looking loaded down for the most part.

I’ve also noticed these black plum and black cherry tomatoes are similar to a cherokee purple in flavor but in a large cherry tomato size.

I want to get a trail/trap camera and figure out exactly what it is I’m dealing with and murder it.

Be careful if it turns out to be an Armadillo.

1 Like

or an Enormus Johnson.
The whole garden could go to hell.

lol I thought about that right after I posted it.

I need something like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Remington-R4A-Infrared-4-0-Megapixel-Game-Trail-Camera-Black-/311410245243

Do you have Walter’s address?

I harvest my tomatoes earlier than I’d like to beat the vermin to the punch.

Also it’s annoying that it doesn’t really eat them, at most a bite out of one, this one just had a bite mark on it… enough to make it compost though. If they were actually getting nourishment from them I might feel a little better about it but they’re just vandals.

Watch I’ll get a camera and there will be a bunch of rats crawling all over everything all night hahaha

Do you have an outdoor cat?

It’s what they’re for.

Can’t feed em too much though.

I don’t but there’s one next door that occasionally you’ll see on our side of the fence. The dog roams the entire backyard during the day but I don’t usually let him out back at night just because it’s hard to get him to come back in and the yard is big and dark.

The dog is a little hunter/sniffer too, he chases rabbits off, kills little chipmunks and shit… chases the squirrels off etc.

Got to get yourself a .22 and stay up all night, friend.

You’d better make sure it’s not anyone’s beloved mascot, either.

Seriously, BJ - I got a farmer friend each spring he builds a varmint pit and fills it up by harvest time. :laughing:

It’s a fenced in yard, all the neighbor’s have dogs, none ever get in our yard or ours in theirs. I’d guess dog as one of the last things, I’m thinking deer maybe, possum, or raccoon. If it’s a possum or raccoon I can get a live trap from someone I know and take it on a trip far away.

1 Like

I just did a stroll through the backyard with the dog, nothing but bugs out back there.

Better camp on the porch and don’t take a dreamland detour.
You want to be a farmer. Be a farmer. Do farmer things.

1 Like