Some simple facts about 9/11

The Obama administration is facing renewed pressure to release a top secret report that allegedly shows that Saudi Arabia directly helped to finance the September 11 attacks.

Rand Paul, the Libertarian Republican senator from Kentucky, is demanding that Mr Obama declassify 28 pages that were redacted from a 2002 US Senate report into the 9/11 attacks.

Mr Paul, who been vocal in attacking the bulk NSA spying programmes revealed by the rogue security contractor Edward Snowden and is running for president in 2016, has now promised to file an amendment to a Senate bill that would call on Mr Obama to declassify the pages.

The blacked-out pages, which have taken on an almost mythical quality for 9/11 conspiracy theorists, were classified on the orders of George W. Bush, leading to speculation they confirmed Saudi involvement. A

ccording to Bob Graham, the former Florida senator who was chair of the Senate Intelligence committee at the time of the report, they show that Saudi Arabia was the “principle financier” of the attack.

1 Like

If the Saudis financed the attacks, well, then let me pose these questions:

Why did Bush put all those Saudis on planes to get them out of the USA on 9/12, when all other planes were grounded? And why did Bush subsequently pull the US military out of Saudi? Because Bush was uber cozy with Saudi Arabia? If so, and if SA financed 9/11, well, then…?

I’m just askin’.

1 Like

Do they mean The Royal House of Saud, Like the King himself or some pesky Prince or just some random rich Saudi? We already know that OSL was a Saudi and said to be worth hundreds of millions in his own right.

I think they mean the government itself (House of Saud). The reason I looked this up is because Ian Masters did a whole show on this tonight on KPFK. He said there are 28 pages of redacted material that implicate Saudi Arabia, the country, in 9/11. Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld were incredibly chummy with Saudi Arabia and all those princes and the King.

Which guy was it that Bush enjoyed playing kissy face with?

Ah, yes, the KING!

That pic always kind of creeps me out a little, where is George’s hand ffs?

1 Like

Here’s another article about those 28 pages:

“There’s nothing in it about national security,” Walter Jones, a Republican congressman from North Carolina who has read the missing pages, contends. “It’s about the Bush Administration and its relationship with the Saudis.” Stephen Lynch, a Massachusetts Democrat, told me that the document is “stunning in its clarity,” and that it offers direct evidence of complicity on the part of certain Saudi individuals and entities in Al Qaeda’s attack on America. “Those twenty-eight pages tell a story that has been completely removed from the 9/11 Report,” Lynch maintains. Another congressman who has read the document said that the evidence of Saudi government support for the 9/11 hijacking is “very disturbing,” and that “the real question is whether it was sanctioned at the royal-family level or beneath that, and whether these leads were followed through.” Now, in a rare example of bipartisanship, Jones and Lynch have co-sponsored a resolution requesting that the Obama Administration declassify the pages.

1 Like

It’s common practice in a lot of countries, regardless of gender, to kiss a person on each cheek.

Etiquette and Customs in Saudi

Men shake hands. Good friends may greet each other with a handshake and a kiss on each cheek.
Women generally hug and kiss close friends.
Men and women would not greet each other in public I from outside the family.
When Saudis greet each other they take their time and converse about general things.

http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/resources/global-etiquette/saudi-arabia-country-profile.html

What? No tongue?

Aah, so W giving the King a “handy” is just showing respect for Saudi customs, that makes sense, I guess. (not that there’s anything wrong with it)

1 Like

It’s done in a lot of countries.

From the New Yorker article cited above:

Thomas Kean remembers finally having the opportunity to read those twenty-eight pages after he became chairman of the 9/11 Commission—“so secret that I had to get all of my security clearances and go into the bowels of Congress with someone looking over my shoulder.” He also remembers thinking at the time that most of what he was reading should never have been kept secret. But the focus on the twenty-eight pages obscures the fact that many important documents are still classified—“a ton of stuff,” Kean told me, including, for instance, the 9/11 Commission’s interviews with George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and Bill Clinton. “I don’t know of a single thing in our report that should not be public after ten years,” Kean said.

September 11th may be a part of history now, but some of the events that led to that horrible day remain veiled by the political considerations of the present. The intelligence community doesn’t want to light up its failures once again, and no doubt the Obama Administration doesn’t want to introduce additional strains on its relationship with the Saudis. In the meantime, the forces that led to catastrophe before are gathering strength once again. Thomas Massie, a Republican congressman from Kentucky and a sponsor of the House resolution to declassify the material, told me that the experience of reading those twenty-eight pages caused him to rethink how to handle the rise of ISIS. It has made him much more cautious about a military response. “We have to be careful, when we run the calculations of action, what the repercussions will be,” he said.

“In some ways, it’s more dangerous today,” Timothy Roemer, who was a member of both the Joint Inquiry and the 9/11 Commission, observed. “A more complex series of threats are coming together than even before 9/11, involving ISIS, Al Qaeda, and cyber-terrorist capabilities. The more the American people know about what happened thirteen years ago, the more we can have a credible, open debate” about our security needs. Releasing the twenty-eight pages, he said, might be a step forward. “Hopefully, after some initial shock and awe, it would make our process work better. Our government has an obligation to do this.”

What?

So they grab each other’s balls in Saudi Arabia. Gotcha.

I wonder which hand you use in that scenario, not the “toilet” hand I presume, but I don’t know. Naturale, do you know?

1 Like

Apparently, you and Lotusbud are culturally insensitive to others countries greetings. :hushed:

More likely they are both trolling by appealing to the prejudices of low-info CONS in a way calculated to induce cognitive dissonance.

1 Like

Troll fail, then.

It’s a popular troll, and still operational.

1 Like