Sometimes you just have to share

Jaco Pastorius · Kenwood Dennard · Hiram Bullock ‎– PDB
Label:
DIW Records ‎– DIW-827

A couple of local friends picking last night at a local joint.

Reminds me of the Chester and Lester albums.

Wherein Jaco asks Jimmy to join the band for a blues jam.

Artist: Jaco Pastorius & Jimmy Page
Venue: Lone Star Cafe, New York City, NY
Date: April 30th, 1985
Song: Fannie Mea

I just stumbled on this clip and I’ve got it on loop for a couple of hours.

His lead work is dirty, clean, expressive, aggressive and delicate ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Love the axe also, 1961-63 Les Paul with the sideways Bigsby that you never use cause it’s a POS, but it’s a Vintage Mistake to replace it with a stop bar. Those earliest SGs were made out of a trainload of very lightweight, airy, high-grown Peruvian mahogany and most of them sound like a million bucks before you even plug them in.

ETA…really like the drummer too…stays in the pocket, doesn’t overplay, very solid.

stranger than paradise

Sorrry, this isn’t spooling well for me. I recommend you follow the link directly to FB and watch it there. Copy and paste, remove the spaces from "face book. and “com”

https://www.face book. com/ PS22Chorus/videos/1533147873496006

Were these “Pop Tarts” perhaps possibly preternaturally prescient?

Not a song, but a feel.

(sniffle) I saw that.

Never heard of these peeps before, but this was playing on the radio as I eased out of my Coma this morning, I dug it man.

The intro has an EDM vibe, but it settles into a funk soul jazz groove

One of those groups that was never that high on my play list as a young rock n roller, but when I heard it again the other day i was reminded of how “heavy, or spiritual” this particular tune by Alan Parson’s seemed to effect me for a little while back in my Navy days when it was on heavy rotation for a particular period of time…

IKR? I didn’t WANT to like the APP even though AP had good cred as a producer and “electronic pop” dude…but the Eye in the Sky album hooked me big time.

Dude was an engineer on Abbey Road and Let It Be before he was even 20.