The M$ Blues Again

Windows 10 is having a hard time configuring itself around the recent Windows Hello update. Evidently the M$ employees who manage Windows Defender are not in communication with the Windows Hello employees.

My computer has reported several recent Defender scans that don’t like a couple of recent apps I’ve added. Those apps turn out to be M$ apps which of course I personally did not add, just those other M$ engineers evidently. :thinking:

Actually I don’t like the Windows Hello feature either, and when I tried to opt out of installing it last week I got locked out of my M$ account and my computer turned into a brick for a few hours while I had a nice phone chat with a gent in India. :frowning:

I’ll be fixing this mess this week with a little help from Linux Mint. Stay tuned. :innocent:

I did the recent win10 update, but I don’t think I picked the Windows Hello virus.

Turns out, win 8.1 and higher don’t want you to have access to the BIOS. They tricked it up and added “SafeBoot”

They did, however, provide a back door which Lenovo, HP and others don’t want you to find. So it only took me 90 minutes or so to reach the goal of finally being able to boot from the thumb drive which I’ve codenamed Death To Microsoft.

The rest has been stone smooth, so far. I didn’t even bother to leave a partition on the HD and keep the W10 OS in reserve.

Stay tuned.