The #metoo thing on social media

What are your thoughts about it?

It seems like the ability to make the ME TOO claim is endemic and probably universal among females.

It also appears that a shitload of males could truthfully make the same claim, even though with males the dynamics of sexual abuse are somewhat different. I know guys on FB who have posted the #metoo status update, and I considered it briefly but I settled for #ihearyou instead because I want them to know I hear them.

And also because I don’t want to hijack #metoo into # all lives matter or some shit like that. I want the women to have this moment or this week and see if it helps people or society.

I hope to add more, soon, about where I see my failings as a male in being complicit in this #metoo thing.

I invite you to comment, otherwise I would not be posting it here.

I think discussions are important when we are dealing with social problems such as systemic sexual abuse. There seems to be this set way we are excepted to act or say the set thing there is to say that I don’t subscribe to.

Despite my own experiences, I won’t be hash tagging “metoo” on my Facebook. I won’t be shitting on Mayim Balik for saying she’s never had to deal with this garbage or how she went about it. I won’t be shitting on James Cordon (sp?) for cracking Weinstein jokes. People should have the right to deal with this as they see fit.

I’m also not one to look at a problem and demand change where there’s no control to change. Us as women have to stop putting up with this shit because that’s really the only way these pigs are going to stop. There needs to be consequences and change needs to happen in not being accepting of this behaviour (male and female).

I understand the circumstances and in that, there is no blame on the victims because not one of them put themselves in the position to be propositioned. That was all on Weinstein and all the other pigs who have done the same fucking thing including your current president.

Our collective tolerance for sexual assault should be ZERO and I mean ladies too. We cannot allow these predators to use their power to abuse us because we only really have control over what we do.

IMO, it’s stupid.
Sexually assaulted/harassed means different things to different people.

What’s stupid?

What happened to the Weinstein thread I started? Not that it matters now, but it’s been locked up.

Sorry, most of us should be able to see it still.

I moved a couple of threads because Deportz was exerting a lot of energy on them.

A casual observation I made the other day when scanning down the list of threads, was that it appears any thread placed a “Section” Like Sports, or What’s so funny, are viewable to lurkers, and the threads without being in a category are not viewable, I based this on seeing the View to reply count are almost always much higher on the the non-categorized threads.

Huh?

You moved my thread and made it impossible for me to see. Tanks.

My apologies, I wrongly assumed you would be able to see it. I think that’s fixed now… PM incoming.

#metoo is ridiculous.

Perhaps, but probably no more ridiculous than sexual harassment.

Oh, for f*cks sake, some women consider whistling/cat calling, sexual harassment.

Do you know how many times I’ve been called “honey, darling, sweetie” and I don’t consider it sexual harassment.

Sexual harassment.

How many “casting couches” have you ridden?

I’m not in the entertainment business.

Everyone has to do some sort of an “interview” to get a new job.

Do you expect every woman to have the same definition of sexual harassment?

I’ve had all sorts of unwanted sexual experiences from having suggestive things said to groping to outright being ejaculated on. None of it was ok.

If someone ejaculates on you, it’s the company you’re keeping.

You think he was invited company?

Awww, that’s adorably naive…almost.

If someone home invades you, it’s the company you’re keeping.

Apparently if you are sleeping on a couch in your basement and your very drunk older cousin comes in, pins you down and cums on your neck, you keep poor company.

You’re also probably a slut.