This Socks (aka the Serious Coronavirus thread)

Churches here are all locking down. Mine decided last night to shut the doors until May 15.

This includes housing a freestanding daycare program that served about 40 kids (ages 1-12 whose parents work, or used to.

Also includes half a dozen 12 step recovery groups including my home group. Am now researching Zoom to see if I can put the meetings online and virtual. I’m vaguely aware that they’re already doing that in Chicago and elsewhere.

Wish me luck…up to now I haven’t even Skyped.

try Google Hangouts maybe…

I thought Google kilt the hangouts?

No, there’s a version of GH called GH Meet I think. It’s monetized of course. Everyone says Zoom is the best of a large field of alternatives.

It’s one I just started hearing about very recently, and since have heard at least a couple interviews done on NPR via zoom.

I’ve heard good things about Zoom.

Holy mole’ did y’all know this?

Did he really?

Think so, but not sure.

not able to confirm, and there are instances of this quote being attributed to others in years past. But funny nonetheless

Well, he ain’t wrong…:rofl::joy:

An extended family member (and Fox watcher) just texted out that the President is on the brink of invoking the Stafford Act and quarantine everyone for two weeks, all businesses closed.

I call BS, it’s like the Antifa riots that were supposed to happen a couple years back.

Not sure if that is a part of the Stafford act.

The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (Stafford Act) is a 1988 United States federal law designed to bring an orderly and systematic means of federal natural disaster assistance for state and local governments in carrying out their responsibilities to aid citizens.
Other short titles: Disaster Relief and Emergen…
Long title: An Act to amend the Disaster Relief …
Nicknames: Major Disaster Relief and Emerge…
Effective: November 23, 1988

I’ve taken to doing most of my shopping
there, and the last time I went it looked
like a plague of locust had cleaned the
place out.

Mind you, they hardly ever have empty
spaces on their shelves.

So I’m happy they’re doing this. Assholes
who went off the deep end just made it
harder for everyone else deserve it.

You should be getting combat pay!

wow, they really are getting serious…