Trump budget eliminates funding for earthquake early warning system

for the entire west coast. The technology was developed here, but we won’t get the money to implement it.

And guess what? MEXICO has already implemented it!

Rich folks gotta have their tax breaks!

None of those states voated for him anyway.

When opposition will spend all of its time and effort by simply criticizing and using everything it can to implement personal attacks, you’re giving the man an opening to do whatever he can into his power

Did you guys see how Brasilia is under siege?

Not much being sad and I didn’t even bothered, but there was a mild civil war going on there this week

This is what happens next

Have I mentioned the unbelievable coincidences and similarities of things happening in our countries?

They were burning down government buildings, not only cars and stores this time

Note to the graffiti on the left

“Death to the bourgeois”

So? Last time I checked we were, A) Part of the USA, and B) Huge contributors to the economy and infrastructure of the USA, and C) Human beings, unlike The D.

Isn’t Mexico’s number one import American money?

Actually, vehicle parts are their #1 import.

Thank you for the correction.

Now what category was it that put American money #1…hrm…

Anyway…

Almost $25 billion flowed last year from the pockets of Mexicans living overseas, almost all of it from the U.S. That’s even higher than what Mexico earns from its oil exports.

That’ll buy a lot of earthquake detection equipment.

I know a guy who opened a Western Union in Newark, he told me that he would handle 1/2 mil in remittances in a good week.

25 Billion to the USA is fucking lunch money and besides - what’s yer point?

1 Like

My point is you already bought one.

They send all the used vehicles to Mexico to keep the prices up here so they can gouge us.

Unless it’s changed the number one vehicle Mexicans take back home are pick up trucks, and as of a couple years ago they needed to be over 10 years old to avoid a big tariff

Seriously. MY point was that Trump doesn’t give a shit about the lives of 50 million Americans, or the economy of a region that makes an enormous contribution to the functioning of the USofA. He’d rather gives tax cuts to a few thousand rich fuck buckles.

How much warning do you get with one of these detection systems?

It’s a matter of minutes, but…

But what? What difference has a couple of minutes been proven to make?

Might be enough time to evacuate a building, maybe enough time to adjust the power grid to avoid damage. Possibly enough time for Trump to launch the the missiles.

The volcano in the NW

a guy was driving away from it down a road 80 miles an hour to outrun the eruption

another guy went around him at over 100

guess who lived

take yer time

2 Likes