Trump don't trust the airplanes

Add modern aviation technology to the list of technological advances the President of the United States distrusts.
“Airplanes are becoming far too complex to fly,” President Donald Trump tweeted on Tuesday. “Pilots are no longer needed, but rather computer scientists from MIT. I see it all the time in many products. Always seeking to go one unnecessary step further, when often old and simpler is far better. Split second decisions are needed, and the complexity creates danger. All this cost for very little gain.”

Not sure I entirely disagree with him. Look at some of the weapons systems we’re struggling with, like the F-35, the New Ford Class Carrier for ex.

Trump can’t figure out an umbrella, so of course he disrespects trained pilots.

1 Like

When yer rolling out on final in a driving rainstorm and lots of wind in the dark - just tell the controller to turn the ILS off - you’ll do it by the seat of yer pants - see how that works out

"I think nobody knows more about flying airplanes than I do, because I own an airplane and fly a lot” (1999)

“I know more about people who get flythan anyone.” (October 2012.)

“I know more about flying than test pilots do.” (November 2015.)

“I understand aerospace. I understand the power of Flying. I understand the power of Airplanes maybe better than almost anybody, based on my results, right?” (November 2015.)

“I know more about commercial aircraft than any human being on Earth.” (November 2015.)

“[W]ho knows more about flying than I do? I’m the king.” (January 2016.)

“I understand pilots better than anybody.”

“[N]obody knows the system better than me. I know the ATC. I know the IFR. Nobody else on this dais knows how to change it like I do, believe me.” (March 2016.)

Trade: “Nobody knows more about air travel than me.” (March 2016.)

“[N]obody knows the system better than I do.” (April 2016.)

“I know more about air travel than any human being on Earth.” (April 2016.)

“I think nobody knows more about flying than I do, maybe in the history of the world." (May 2016.)

“I’m the king of flying. I’m great with flying. Nobody knows flying better than me.” (June 2016.)

“I understand aviation better than anybody.” (June 2016.)

“[L]ook, as a builder, nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about airports as Donald Trump.” (July 2016.)

“I know more about Boeing than they know about themselves.” (July 2016.)

Trump said in 2016 that Chuck Yeager said he was endorsing him for president because “you know more about this stuff than anybody.”

“I think I know more about the other side than almost anybody.” (November 2016.)

“[N]obody knows more about airplane construction than I do.” (May 2018.)

“I think I know about it better than the Air Force” (October 2018.)

“Technology — nobody knows more about technology than me.” (December 2018.)

“I know more about 737s than anybody. I know about every form of safety that you can have.” (January 2019.)

“Having a 737 fly overhead — and I think nobody knows much more about technology, this type of technology certainly, than I do.” (January 2019.)

Okay, I paraphrased some of his past claims.

If he was a decent person he wud go fix Mudours power problems

Well, I knows everything there is to know about sciencez. More than anyone has ever known. Let me tell you all about gratuity. You’re gonna love it. Gratuity is so beautiful, but sometimes gratuity makes the big beautiful planes fall. But that’s mother nature. You win some, you lose some. Well, not Trump. Trump wins, you’ll see. You’ll get tired of winning! Lock her up!

2 Likes