Veggie Garden 2017

Well it’s definitely not a 300lb rear tine tiller, I’m guessing it’s not going to do real great on hard turf, but it does pretty good on my garden spots I’ve worked previous years, my only complaint is a lot of shit gets wrapped around the tines… just planted a bunch more swiss chard.

Let me sum it up

The fucking thing is a pain in the ass unless you got the best soil

but,

It is way better then doing it by hand - so I don’t think you went wrong

Like I sed, I had a gas one but it destroyed itself - I did use it a lot thou

1 Like

I waited too long to plant seedlings this year. Fortunately, there is a grocery store that sells 6 seedlings for $1.25, not bad. A lot of variety as well.

It’s getting close.:smile:

I was late for the warmer weather, mine are still really small. Usually the traditional date to put tomatoes and peppers etc. out is May 15th here… seems to have moved up about a month…

I think we will both do fine. Yesterday I went to the shoppers for a CD. They didn’t have the CD but I picked up 6 grape vines.

It’s probably not a good idea to eat anything from a can that looks like this. Hope this helps.:smile:

This year is pretty much suckin so far… I planted some lima beans, zucchini, and cucumbers today. Starting to get a little lettuce but it’s about ready to bolt from the hot weather… my spinach grew like 4-5 leaves and bolted… same with the pak choi… got some corn sprouting up, never grown corn before, planting some tomatoes and peppers tomorrow… tilled the fuck out of some shit all afternoon/early evening.

Corn takes a lot of space but nothing tastes better that corn that is cooked within half an hour of picking.

I bought some small plants the other day, six per tray for $1.75 a tray.

Today will be our first hot day. They say.

Been picking some lettuce and strawberries, just feasted on some strawberries this morning. The first dozen or so I picked last week some of them were a little slug damaged but since the weather has dried up a little they’re looking nice. I need to start another bed of them.

I’ve been working on my tomato patch now for the 3rd day…hopefully planting it soon.

1 Like

I’m not doing any gardening this year. I am going to help Spoon make jelly. We have jars and jars of juiced berries that came from Spoon’s brother. We inherited all of the jelly making stuff this year. Oh boy!

Mmmmm. That sounds good.

We’ll. Brother in law always gave me blueberry jelly. It’s my favorite. But there is a large variety berry juice. But I’ll probably keep all the blueberry. LOL

Blueberry jelly is delish. I also love raspberry.

There will be raspberry, blackberry, and cherry.

Does he have a berry farm or what? I would like to get enough perennial stuff going like strawberrys, raspberries, blueberries etc. to have a good harvest of them every year…

Some quick bad pics off my vid camera

I’ve got a lot of stuff planted that should be sprouting soon…everything is weedy, haven’t had time to deal wtih them trying to get everything planted… this spot is mostly planted.

Other half of the yard

Strawberries, I planted 12 plants in a 4x8 bed last year and they took over most of it.

Some of the Lettuce

Half bed of peppers I planted earlier this week, I’ll be doing the rest soon as soon as I eat the lettuce in the other half…

Some kale for JJ and a small patch of corn just starting behind it…

My tomato spot was all overgrown, I tilled it up… need to get more of the wild strawberries and grass out of it and get it planted, but fuck it’s hot out there right now.

6 Likes

Could I ask you to have a chat to @Starling.

Her blood is more Italian than pesto, but she can’t grow a fucking tomato!!!

Apparently her family are disowning her.

Dig hole in ground, plant tomato… she lives pretty far north though, not sure what a tomato season looks like up there.

Apparently they get plenty of sunshine 3 days a year, then lots of snow.

1 Like

So I seeded a whack of cherry tomato plants. They had just sprouted up and were growing fine. Then I forgot the container with the pots outside (for a couple of days - oops!) We had a big wind storm and it got fairly cold so most of them ended up dying.

I R FAIL

1 Like