We inlanders better plant some damn BROCCOLI next year

Says here, it takes about 5 gallons of water to grow one lousy head of broccoli, and they are growing NINETY PERCENT of the country’s supply of it in California.

You know, that Western state that’s spozed to run out of water next year.

They tore out things like cotton for more cash crops like wine grapes and nut trees, which are HUGE water drinkers, and are whining about how Pelosi and Obama are stealing yer water. Seriously, there are big signs along I-5 and hide highways IN THE DAMN VINEYARDS AND GROVES.

I planted some this year but didn’t get any nice crowns out of them yet anyways, garden kind of sucked, too much water.

Can’t Californians go out and piss in the fields with their pets? Sure the tomatoes will be a bit tangy, but you do what you have to do.

I don’t live near any stinkin’ broccoli myself…dunno about DM.

I never really liked broccoli unless it’s smothered in garlic and butter. Even the, it’s far from my first choice.

I hate broccoli. Like George H.W. Bush.

Guess there’s no problem then.

What about artichoke? I saw several fields of them outside of LA on a couple of occasions.

Did I ever tell you about my SOS recipe which requires artichokes? :wink:

I remember reading a couple of years ago that farm land in California was soaring in value. I guess that that has changed.

You need to steam it and to be careful not to overcook it. Butter helps.

Steamed broccoli is disgusting.

George Bush didn’t like it either. :grinning:

Steaming retains the vitamins and butter provides flavor.

I like to break raw broccoli into little pieces and put it in salads. I’ve never had it cooked as far as I remember.

I do that too.

I like shaved raw broccoli stems in salads. That’s about it.