Well..? I mean it's not wrong

May I point out that there is more than 190 countries in the world?

They have built a bus short enuf for you

Source?

My understanding is that Trump has not the authority to withdraw until 2020, and thus all he can do now is give notice.

Did I miss something?

I thought he had to sign off payments individually?

Source is in the screenshot above, NY Times.

Is there a country that pays more than the US?

You’re arguing hyperbole of a meme.

I have no humongous objection to this except that Trump is assuring that China will be the green technology leader as a result. So much for leadership.

My number, five billion, was the US total commitment, which I noted was five percent of the 100 billion needed to fund the Green Fund as planned. My math is correct.

You have posited a screenshot to support your contention that the US’s commitment is 9.41 billion (actually you said it was 9.41% of the 100 billion.) Your screenshot says the average PER CAPITA contribution of individual Americans is expected to be nine dollars and forty-one cents. Thus, you are comparing apples and oranges and your “source” is flawed.

According to Boro’s NYT graph, yes.

Why are libs always rong

I didn’t see that.

Edit: that’s per person funding not total spending. The US pays more than Sweden by around $2.5 BILLION dollars.

There’s only one pot dear.

1 Like

Technically yes, but no. Defense budget cannot be allocated to infrastructure, etc.

Of course less spending would mean less allocated dollars.

Bromo, that is nine dollars and 41 cents per person in the USA, not 9.41% of the total budget. Jesus H. Christ. Please go back to school. There are ten countries on that chart whose citizens are paying more than Americans. Some are paying six times more.

1 Like

Why not? Because it’s budgeted that way? You know government can change budget items and amounts right?

Per person funding is disingenuous IMHO.

The US’s contribution to Paris is $3,024,374,000 which is 28.56% of the total. Japan pays the next highest at less than half of that amount.

Here’s the totals contribution with percentage of total included.

We have almost three times as many people as Japan, and five times as many as the UK, so it seems more than fair to me.

What does your population have to do with your contribution to other countries green initiatives?

I CAN’T see a correlation between per capita spending on the actual funding outcome. It’s a misleading calculation meant to look like the US isn’t contributing as much IMHO.

I don’t agree. Carry on.

I was originally trolling… :neutral_face:

Weird I don’t see China on that list though, considering they’re the highest polluter in the world.