Went out hiking today

The hills are still very green, it was beautiful. Warm sunshine, soft breezes - picture perfect.

4 Likes

Should’ve taken a picture, I’m sure we all would have enjoyed it :slight_smile:

I want to go tomorrow.

1 Like

Maybe she just allowed herself to be in the experience. Oak’s not a selfie narcissist.

1 Like

I don’t take the camera with me, left my phone at home actually. When I want to unplug, I unplug.

Man it was picturesque up there. I hadn’t been up that high in years over the top of the East Foothills, near Lick Observatory at John D Grant Park.

I was thinking, if I ever got a shitload of money, I could buy a little plot of land up there. I’d love it.

1 Like

Nothing narcissistic about taking a picture of what you see.

Nope, there’s not. I’d rather experience it. I have pictures from decades past. I rarely, if ever, go back and look at them.

Unless you have to do it over your shoulder to prove you were in it.

It’s a riot when I see on CL they lost the phone with all the wedding and baby pics?

WTF?

I guess they did not know ya cud copy them to somewhere else

Still not narcissistic

I think it’s a different generational sensibility. People, mostly younger, seem to snap a picture of themselves with everything that they do.

I, for one, despise the constant barrage of people doing the most mundane things. No one cares. Really, they don’t.

It’s more of a “for yourself” kinda thing.

I enjoy reminiscing through my old photos.

That’s good, whatever works. I like the old school way for me best.

Yeah, I see broadcast all over the internet, including this forum, pictures that people have taken just “for themselves”.

3 Likes

You would get lonesome. You would have to drive to the country store every couple of days or bring along your cell, maybe both.:slightly_smiling_face:

It’s only 30 minutes to town. Plus, I don’t get lonesome very easily. I would have my partner with me as well.

1 Like