What's the common sense gun law?

Your dignity.

I made a similar comment.

Wabbit said “good point”.

That’s all I got.

But you’re just arm candy, so none of this matters, right?

LOL

Pick up a nice shiny toaster on your way out. It has considerably more currency in places like this, than “dignity.”

I know, let’s do the same thing we’ve always done, and hope something else changes.

That’s the tried and true Con way, do nothing.

Oh look, a straw man argument.

Look at you…I’m so proud.

If LIBS want the government to confiscate all guns, the only way to GUARANTEE this kind of thing doesn’t happen, why don’t you all just come out and say it?

Well any idea will of course be not fully fleshed out, and therefore must be summarily rejected, leading to … nothing being done.

Oh look, a straw man argument, and right after your own gripe thereof.

1 Like

Oh, so reality is called a straw man argument?

Interesting.

Well, you called it that. Show me a CON who is pushing for a reasoned response to gun violence. I can show you lots of LIBS who aren’t interested in taking your guns.

I don’t speak for CONs.

These guns were legally purchased.

This person didn’t seem to have a history of violence or a criminal record.

What the hell kind of law would have prevented this mass murder?

Obviously none, so why bother trying.

Doing counts. Trying not so much.

What are we going to do?

That’s a good question. I have no answer, nor does anyone on this site.

I do find it interesting that the pro-gun stance is to treat this like a mental health issue, while actively blocking the CDC from looking into it.

I don’t find the conservative stance interesting at all, it’s tedious.

But it seems to me that this isn’t just mental health, most individuals with mental health problems are not, and will never be, mass murderers at all.

And the CDC can only do so much if all of these murderers kill themselves…they can’t ever be questioned or studied.

I’ve heard Australia being used as a model for the US. If so, it is about taking away guns.

It might be more honest if people said wha they really meant.

People are pointing at what appears on the surface to work. Canada has more guns than we do and a lot less mass killings.

I’ve heard it recently said that there is a tie between celebrity status and mass killing, losers trying to become infamous. This also doesn’t ring soundly with me.

Perhaps we are simply an inferior culture.

I think we’re a culture damaged by an unresolved history.

Yet there are cultures way more violent than ours.

No, we’re not inferior, we have work to do. But in this uber partisan political culture, I think it’s a very long row to hoe.

Rings very soundly with me, at least in the case of young school shooters. I think just about every one since Columbine involved delusions of grandeur, which seems to be backed up by the fact that they nearly all had infatuations with previous school shooters. Other mass murders… maybe… maybe not. I don’t think James Holmes was craving notoriety and your typical workplace shootist just has an axe to grind.