Why slave away in DC when you can make a million a year doing nothing?

Paul Ryan will easily add to his already considerable net worth if he opts to stray from his native Wisconsin to join a corporate board or dabble in Washington power struggles when he retires next year as speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives.

“The kind of board that he would go after would probably pay between $250,000 and $300,000 a year and he could probably get three or four of them,” saidFred Foulkes, a professor of at Boston University’s Questrom School of Business. “There would be dozens that would like to have him, particularly companies that have part of their business in key relationships with certain parts of government.”

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/ryan-poised-earn-millions-even-080000347.html

He is egregiously doing the same thing that people like Cheney, Rumsfeld, and more than a couple of Dems routinely do.

I think the reasons he plans to bail from the H of R is that he sees a trainload of shit coming down the pike and he would prefer not to get any of it on himself, even though he richly deserves it. Hell, he’s got thirty more years of graft and double dipping in his future if he can find a path through this mess he’s helped create.

He’s no McConnell, satisfied to be his party’s leader in the Senate and kick back.

1 Like

They all do it.

1 Like

or possibly he could be diing it for the reasons he stated, going back to when he first took the job. i guess it’s easier for you, and the msm to insist your version of his reality is more accurate than his.

Is he one of your teevee friends, sounds like you really care. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

wow, you sure are bitter. are you gonna ban me again for disagreeing with you?

Nah we need a couple old resident racist ignorant cons around for fun… :stuck_out_tongue:

at least im no hypocrite

yeah not you lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Says the guy who hates when people hyphenate their heritage, but describes himself as African-American

i just said there was a cracker in the cookie jar.

Says the guy who claims he loves black people and has black friends and used the “n” word religiously to describe blacks.

the n word…lol