Windows ten review - ya fucked up doc

That’s what I’m thinking.

I had sich speakers, but no flames on them

The flames add a certain warmth to yer mid ranges.

(True story,) I was reading this review of some very high end (Read mega Expensive) Stereo.Audiophile equipment and these two guys that reviewed stuff together in a kind of good cop bad cop way spent a couple paragraphs arguing over whether these speakers made by a retired Russian Aeronautical Engineer in his Garage sounded better with the matte black cabinet finish or with the oiled walnut, one of them was positive the oil walnut finish let the Treble sounds be more free.

LOL first PC I bought in the US, I went to the defunct COMPUSA, a Pentium III with a whopping 64 mb RAM. A couple months I had been there and instead of the driver license I opted for a computer first, I was really bored I wouldn’t afford a car so soon.

I had save a gran just for that. I entered the store and some dude comes and starts bugging me. That was the biggest computer store I’ve ever visited, I had only checked those tiny ones in NYC, never had been to a huge one so far. I said I wanted a computer, guys brings me to the high end ones. I really wanted something that burned CDs and could go on the Internet. All those expensive PCs that came with a fucking printer and I wanted none of that shit, I still had to buy a chair and a desk for the whole thing. I saw I was on the expensive end of the row and started walking the other and the dude was practically trying to drag me back, talking about some fucking rebates and didn’t even know what the fuck was that

Then I arrived at the barebones. From $900 it went to $300 and I was like hello, hey you fucker, how come you didn’t show me this?

And then I saw the CD recorder I wanted for a mere $100 bucks and I almost came in my pants. Add another $100 for the CRT, and $100 more HD, keyboard and mouse and the modem and bang, the same PC the fucker was trying to sell for $800 bucks I could get for a little more than $500. Dude was clearly pissed off

Dude still tried to stick some Norton and I laughed. Then he tries to remind me that the system came with no OS. I had borrowed the CD for W98 that came with a Gateway from a cousin and I said “That’s ok, I know how to press enter to start from the CD”

Dude just turned his back wand went looking for a real sucker

Didn’t even help me to put my stuff in the cart and got yelled at by his supervisor when I made an ugly face picking up the CRT bwahahahahahahaahhaahahaha

2 Likes

I start out with DOS and floppies and 640k of memory with a system I paid about 600 for -

but it did have two floppies - 320k they held

Sounds like my first one in 1990, a Brazilian assembled PC-XT with 30 Mb HD (my dad really splurged on it and some friends would drool on that, i understood why when I saw them booting with disks and loading games on cassetes on their older PCs)

a 8088 running at 8 Mhz with 640 kb RAM and a 360 KB floppy drive and a 16-color grayscale EGA monitor.

It lasted me good until the dread 386 and Windows 3.1 came around, in 1993.

Mine was 4 Mhz and then I got one that had a turbo boost to 10Mhz - I was at the show then - LMAO

I sed before my employer offered a 30 MB HD and a color monitor fer 900 and the whole fucking place jumped on it

I said in my head - HOW THE FUCK COULD ANYONE EVER USE 30MB UP

1 Like

The first computer I ever had had I think a 30G HD, a buddy said “Shit dude, that’s huge, you’ll never fill that up” Well after the Step Kid showed me a couple good music stealing sites and I started downloading every song I’d ever heard, one day I over filled the drive and fuck had to reload windows an shit, karma I guess.

The color CRT was a real piece of ostentation back then. Only this one I knew had one, I remember installing Budokan in his PC and it looked beautiful, he had the first 386 I remember around these parts. The 30 MByte were enough in the beginning, but then you started finding all games you didn’t want to lose, I’d keep my favorite ones in the HD and others in the floppies.

LOL fucking naspter. My things was always for games and apps

My dad had an abacus and this neat slide rule, he could do amazing things on that slide rule that I could never figure out. I did see how to use the logarithmic scale to do multiplication, that was about it.

I’m sure Duke could design a Tesla with one, tho.

2 Likes

I used to know how to use a slide rule - I had one - lost I guess

Imagine showing one of those to a kid in school now and say THIS IS WHAT YOU USE

I still have an Abacus that I fooled with - amazing device

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1947-PICKETT-ECKEL-Model-4-Slide-Rule-Deci-Log-Log-w-Case-Booklet-/162213889323?hash=item25c4b3852b%3Ag%3AHdIAAOSwLnBX5FT6

That looks a lot like the one dad has (I think he still has it), including the case and the booklet. Some day I should read up on all the things one can do with it.

If only JJ had one with the booklet, it may have helped him figure things out.

It would be a help embedding tables in Excel - or he could find a 5 year old

There are TONS of videos in youtube of street vendors and cashiers in general doing gross math errors here in Brazil

Like some dude who was selling bags of tangerines, 3 reals each. This place was like bumfuck nowhere, the worst place in one of the worst states

I hate these douchebags because they make fun of some shit that they shouldn’t

So, he asked the old man if he would make 3 bags for 10 reals. HE said no. 3 bucks each. He tried explaining the math the old man got pissed off said “Look, people buy the bag, 5 tangerines in each it’s enough” they want another, 3 reals more. Got it?" The man gives him a 10 reals bill and says can I get 3 bags with that? The man looks at the bill, greatest denomination in his coin and 2 real dirty bills tin can he uses to keep the money. HE thinks for around 30 seconds or so, but he’s happy cause he sold 3 bags to a new customer. The man gives him 4 reals back.

Douche laughs his ass off and gives the man the change

1 Like

Man we went to Haiti and we went to this weird dirt street out in the jungle with about 15 shacks of people selling hand carved voodoo stuff etc. So you’d ask them how much and they’d start out at a $100, next thing you knew you were paying $5 for it just because you would have felt bad about giving them only $1 for it. So we pretty quickly figured out that none of them even understood basic math, money. A couple things I even gave them $10 for.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BD6

After trying EVERY fucking fix on the web I decided to use my own expertise

Let’s shut that that firewall off just to see and… VOILA!

Now explain this, Windows Firewall blocks Windows Store

I found some IPs that had been blocked for some reason and BINGO

Keep that in mind from now on

Ya done good -

so it’s a keeper now?

if it doesn’t break anything else…

I’m just about fed up with Mozilla too

trying edge now

so far, better than firefaux

FF addons is what makes it

like reload timer fer my chess stuff