WTF? Denied Bronze star because of a piece of gum

https://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/wwii-veteran-from-allentown-awarded-bronze-star-74-years-after-battle/1122515595

1 Like

Fucking MP’s, as bad as Master’s At Arms (which is pretty much the same thing) (Cops, or Hall monitors colloquially)

The people I worked with was in charge of making orders sending folks to where ever

I leant this early when we came back to the base drunk on our ass - and the MP’s at the gate started giving the driver a hard time

Then the driver sed - a fucking private mind you

Mother fucker you are keeping me awake - then he let us go right thru without a word

1 Like

Having done some partying in a number of port cities in both hemispheres, I’ve encountered both MPs and SPs. I can and will opine that the SPs are bigger assholes, although the MPs of the WW2 era were probably their equals.

One cold morning at work we were gathered around the gas heater and some Sargent from another place told this guy Charlie to take his hands out of his pockets

Charlie looks at the guys nametag, picks up the phone - punches four numbers (yes touch tone in 66) and sez the guys name and FIX HIM

So charlie sends the guy god knows where - his pay records some place else and his health records another place

nobody fucked with Charlie

I hate REMFs, except the ones with style. Sounds like this charlie dude qualifies.

SP’s are generally mid level NCO’s that get shanghaied out of the fleet during port calls, to babysit everyone else who is out being good Ambassadors of the USA and and spreading the good word about Democracy, so they are fckn pissed off, and looking for some asshole to take it out on. “If I can’t go out and drink, fight and fuck, someone is going to pay”

Ah, that clears it up. Whereas MPs are an actual MOS, and for the most part trained as professional hall monitors.

I used to play poker with an E8 and one night at fucking 2AM right across from the MP barracks his wife is in the middle of the street screaming mother fucker come home at the top of her voice

I sed I think maybe you should quiet her down as E8’s are not supposed to associate with the riff raff if the MP’s wake up