You know that guy that jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge

Nah. I know I’m right. I have confidence in that.

You’re so weak you beg for mercy from trolls.

PATHETIC

So what “serious discussion” was planned for this thread anyway?

1 Like

The fact that you think acting like a cunt on a troll board is a sign of strength is profoundly pathetic.

1 Like

Oh, so it’s okay for you to use the word “cunt”?

Entitled much?

your mom

So what “serious discussion” was planned for this thread anyway?

Progs?

I guess this must be the serious discussion

Don’t be ridiculous Oakdawg.

Says the ridiculous clown.

lmao

OK, here’s why this topic struck a chord with me. One of my oldest friends birthday was a few days ago, we hadn’t stayed in too close of contact the last few years but once a year or so we’d get together have lunch or coffee or maybe grab a beer and shoot a couple games of pool…Ken was just one of those guys who always had a smile on his face even when things were going really bad for him, most of the time he acted as though he was on top of the world, I think that was the quality of his that drew people to him he had more friends and acquaintances than most people that I know anyway(Tears of a clown maybe?). I know he carried some anger inside, I have spoken of him before, he’s the guy that when he was a younger man, seemed to have a knack for finding some other dumb shit that exorcised their inner demons by fighting strangers, this was one of the reasons I quit hanging around him, also he liked to party and drink and carouse a whole lot more than I did. Ken had really settled down after reconnecting with his old High School sweet heart, he was finally acting more like an adult than he had in quite some time…

…then summer before last, he had an argument with his girl friend a misunderstanding really, so he went out and got blind drunk, gets a duii and thrown in jail for the night…after our friend Mike picked him up at the Jail and took him for breakfast and then home to sleep it off, Ken took a coil of rope out into the woods behind his house and hung himself.

1 Like

I’m sorry about your friend. My partner had a friend much like that in college and grad school, he also took his own life.

Now that he’s much more experienced, he believes his friend was bipolar. And he wishes he understood those issues better at the time.

It’s tragic and senseless from the point of view of family and friends. And there are no easy answers, so many people on anti-depressants and other psychotropic drugs hate being under their influence.

It’s really tragic that you couldn’t have had a conversation like that from the beginning of this thread, Oak. You always have to turn it into a shit spray of nastiness.

Thanks Oak, His birthday and another friend posting Kenny’s pic on Saturday his Birthday, then seeing that article, just made me rethink Kenny’s death again. No one really thinks he wanted to die, he was just feeling sorry for himself and being hung over wasn’t thinking too clearly etc

Yeah, and you’re making it better aren’t you? I’m loathe to say anything too serious or personal because you use that against my loved ones.

I’m sorry to hear that, Ape. I hate to think of how much some people suffer like that. Depression is something most people don’t want to deal with, so people who are depressed often do their best to hide it from others.

I feel sorry that people do not have a place where they can go to die comfortably, when they’re ready to check out.

It’s funny when “pro choice” means you get to take an innocent life that had not say in its conception.

You’re welcome.

My best friend told me not too long ago that he too very seriously considered it not too long ago. I ordered him to call me no matter what the hell was going on if he was in that place again. It’s not easy being mentally ill, discriminated for being gay, etc, etc.

I think he probably was depressed, and that’s probably why he “self medicated” so much. he’d had a “stressful” childhood, his Mother dying when he was young, and his Dad who was a pretty decent guy in many ways, but was still abusive to Ken when he was young,

At the memorial wake thing we had for Ken I think everyone there, thought, if only I had been nicer to him reached out to him more, if only I had seen the signs etc etc

Maybe I’m selfish, but I hate the thought of any of my loved ones to check out if they weren’t “terminally” ill.

I understand the “pro-choice” argument, it’s just hard to accept that kind of loss.