3:59 EST - the trap door is gona open

And the Dow opens up 200.

Because “tRump says” the China talks are back on.

When will these suckers learn.

Trade wars are easy to win.

Just make sure TRUMP is your opponent.

1 Like

He just sed yer Chinas is crying to make a deal - they have no choice

He could be exaggerating, for all we know.

Well one thing, that may well be in Trumpy’s favor, is something I’ve been hearing about for a few years now, is that due to the massive government investments in infrastructure, and in assisting Business start ups, China’s National Debt makes ours look like chicken feed, and if the wheels of commerce don’t keep spinning in China, the debt load could soon be crippling to them. So the Ching chong people aren’t anymore excited by this retarded trade war, than any of us.

To wit: Debt, Not Trade War, Is China's Biggest Problem

there are scads of articles about this.

And it turns out, to no ones surprise at all, that tRump was just lying his ass off.

“China called last night our top trade people and said. ‘Let’s get back to the table,’ so we will be getting back to the table and I think they want to do something. They have been hurt very badly but they understand this is the right thing to do and I have great respect for it. This is a very positive development for the world,” Trump said.

“I think we are going to have a deal,” he added.

In Beijing, Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said he was not aware that a phone call between the two sides had taken place. And Hu Xijin, editor-in-chief of Chinese state-run newspaper the Global Times, denied that negotiators had held the phone calls Trump described.

“China didn’t change its position. China won’t cave to U.S. pressure,” said Hu.

Asked at the G-7 about reports that China denied the calls took place, Trump snapped: “The Chinese are not saying that!”

Trump reiterated that the U.S. had “numerous calls” at the highest levels with the Chinese but would not elaborate on the details of the calls.

Reminds me of:

Major . Eaton: We have top men working on it right now.

Indiana: Who?

Maj. Eaton: Top… men.

1 Like

fut up 200 1:17 est

I jus saw a 46 point bounce in the dow in one second - prolly less

That’s 230 bucks on one fut contract gain or loss

4:15 close

plus 272

The traders are on their commute home, and are now hearing about how tRump’s optimistic view of the trade war with China was pure fantasy.

They shoulda already known it, based on what you said before

4:30 open +265

The algos scan the news and twitters fer yer keywords

traders are not making 50 point moves in a half second

Really.

Dis board has more then it’s share of Bullwinkle associates if ya get my drift - just sayin in a gentle way

We opened up today but seem to have taken a downward arc

I listened to a bit of an interview on NPR this AM, and this guy that sounded like a more Conservative pundit, talked about the importance of an occasional “reset” in the trade agreements between China and the US…but you could tell it really pained him to talk about the market instability brought on by Trump’s bumbling and constant flip flopping,

An ex-fed guy just asked his buddies on the fed to fuck the economy just to get trump

it wud be worth it

1 Like

It’s gona go green

How about Wednesday? Any bets?

I say down.