A teacher’s powerful open letter about the struggles of teaching is getting a lot of attention

Well, you’re free to cut a check.

Yes, because that’s how a democratic government works.

Zuckerberg did. Why do you think you’re better than him?

Yeah. Because Zuckerberg gave a measly 1 million to a school district, that means we should abandon the government and ask rich people (of which I am not one) to pay for everything.

That’s what Bernie has been squawking about.

So in that case, how much is it going to cost you?

1 Like

Lap dog incoming!!!

I love winning, it’s terrific, people are talking about my winning, it’s yuuuuge, but sometimes I get tired of winning against you all the time…

1 Like

Honestly, you pretty much go in knowing there’s no chance Dawg is ever going to win an argument, so yeah, it is kind of boring.

That’s true, but I keep thinking one day, he might pull one of his charades off.

How can someone win an argument against crazy?

You make ad hoc excuses.
Apey post pictures.

It’s a pretty common pattern at this point.

Forrest, incoming!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I’m just glad you are trying to move on from elementary school:

You’re the Donald Trump to my Danny Zuker.

What’s with kids coming to school and whining to the teacher about their home life? When I was in school if you had a shitty home life you were embarrassed and tried to hide it. WTF good is it anyway. Nothing they can do about it. They’re fukking teachers, not social workers.

1 Like

I think things are worse for a lot of kids these days. They have a lot of pressure at home, they feel safe at school, so, when they have a teacher who seems to give a shit about them, they unload. I get these stories all the time. Not from all students. I know I have plenty of students who never tell me how hard their lives are. But enough of them tell their stories so that you feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders some days. It’s painful.

Kids were tougher in my day. When some nut came on campus and blew some of us away, we didn’t get grief counselors. We went right on with our arithmetic.

35 students minus 6 equals 29 students.

1 Like

How many students were blown away at your school when you were there?

Do you give them advice?

Or as Big Duke would say…

“Okay class… a quick announcement. Johnny was killed in a car crash last night. Now take out your books and turn to page 126,”

1 Like

lol a couple kids died in drunken wrecks when I was in high school and they never really said anything about it…

1 Like