And then the murders began

Adding “And Then The Murders Began” As The Second Sentence Of Any Book Makes It Instantly Better

• In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And then the murders began.*

http://thehookmag.com/2017/03/adding-murders-began-second-sentence-book-makes-instantly-better-125462/

1 Like

Where’s Papa going with that ax? And then the murders began.
(Charlotte’s Web)

– c’mon everyone, let’s play

1 Like

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. And then the murders began.

1 Like

In an old house in Paris that wascovered with vines, lived twelve little girls in two straight lines. And then the murders began.
(Madeline)

In a hole in the ground, there lived a hobbit. And then the murders began.
(The Hobbit)

The sun did not shine, it was too wet to play
So we sat in the house all that cold, cold day
And then the murders began
(The Cat in the Hat)

Chug chug chug, puff puff puff, ding-dong ding-dong. And then the murders began.
(The Little Engine that Could)

3 Likes

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since. And then the murders began.

1 Like

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And then the murders began.

1 Like

Ohhh, I’m exhausted. I’ve been on this street a thousand times! It’s
never looked so strange! The faces… so cold! In the distance, a child
is crying. Fatherless… a bastard child, perhaps. My back aches… my
heart aches… but my feet… Thank God I took off my heels, and put on my… HIMALAYAN WALKING SHOES!

And the murders began

1 Like

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And then the murders began.

3 Likes

A few miles south of Soledad, the Salinas River drops in close to the hillside bank and runs deep and green. The water is warm too, for it has slipped twinkling over the yellow sands in the sunlight before reaching the narrow pool. And then the murders began.

1 Like

It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents.

And then the murders began.

Midway upon the journey of our life
I found myself within a forest dark,
For the straightforward pathway had been lost.

Squire Trelawnay, Dr Livesey, and the rest of these gentlemen having asked me to write down the whole particulars about Treasure Island, from the beginning to the end, keeping nothing back but the bearings of the island, and that only because there is still treasure not yet lifted, I take up my pen in the year of grace 17-- and go back to the time when my father kept the Admiral Benbow inn and the brown old seaman with the sabre cut first took up his lodging under our roof.

1 Like

The regular early morning yell of horror was the sound of Arthur Dent waking up and suddenly remembering where he was. And then the murders began.

1 Like

The sky had gone black at sunset, and the storm had churned inland from the Gulf and drenched New Iberia and littered East Main with leaves and tree branches from the long canopy of oaks that covered the street from the old brick post office to the drawbridge over Bayou Teche at the edge of town. And then the murders began.

The proclamation was issued “We’re going to make America great again”. And then the murders began.

2 Likes

As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a monstrous vermin.

1 Like

Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta.

1 Like

For a long time, I went to bed early.

A hare one day ridiculed the short feet and slow pace of the Tortoise, who replied, laughing: “Though you be swift as the wind, I will beat you in a race.” And then the murders began.

The ants were spending a fine winter’s day drying grain collected in the summertime; a Grasshopper, perishing with famine, passed by and earnestly begged for a little food. And then the murders began.

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. And then the murders began.