Freakin' Deer

I had to have a new septic tank installed last year, a lot of fill got spread out over the yard. Any lawn will look good for a few days after it is just cut so I usually just leave it alone. After getting the tank installed, however, I figured that I would get the lawn off to a good start, then I would let it go to weed.

I seeded it, weeded it and fertilized it. It was the only green spot in my area during the winter. Guess what? The deer visited my new lawn every night during the winter. Now it looks like it is covered with divots. Derrrrr!

1 Like

Deer are like overgrown tree rats, too big to climb but they eat everything that ain’t nailed down.

2 Likes

My Dad had good success pinning little swatches of febreze in his shrubberies.

1 Like

Like dryer sheets?

I know that works for rodents.

1 Like

Yes Dryer Sheets, after that his flowering stuff actually got the chance to bloom, in North Bremerton

1 Like

Year before I left deer mowed down my garden and I just said fuck it. All the tomatoes, entire rows of beans… it/they fucking ate it all…

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. :clap:

You were being realistic. :slightly_smiling_face:

What works for squirrels? :grin:

An AR15

In town, my solution for squirrels is either cats (my neighborhood has a ton of feral cats and zero squirrels) or I also have a TC Contender with a .22 ten inch barrel. Since it fires from a locked breech I can use subsonic loads in it and there’s almost no noise at all. AR15 would have the cops out here in no time.

Subsonic suppressed AR15.

:grin:
Tax stamp req.

“Occam’s Razor”
Apply to wallet.

They live in a no kill zone. :grin:

PS-I was outside today putting down some more seed and I noticed that the deer had also pied in a number of spots; there were a number of 1 ft dead zones. sigh