Fry's Electronics

Wow, they had a pretty yuge store up in Wilsonville (ie, south Portland) My sister used to live just a couple blocks from it.

My BIL worked there his entire career, from age 18 to last March (age 53). He jumped ship just as we locked down, because he could see that they were on their last legs. His wife is still technically on furlough from there (although probably not as of this announcement). The vultures are already divvying up the properties at the main office in North SJ.

1 Like

Their space in Wilsonville has excellent frontage on I5 rt off an exit…but I have this feeling retail and big box stores may not be the fittest in this rapidly evolving economic model we live in.

1 Like

Another company that failed to embrace internet sales.

You can’t compete with the internet and expect to win.

Fry’s online presence sucked hyena ass for years, slow and had an AOL feel to it. The Fry brothers decided not to even try that space. Either that they couldn’t get anyone decent to do webdesign for them since they had *rump’s approach to paying people. My BIL was constantly ordered to tell his clients “payment is being processed”.