Gardening 2023

I’m afraid to plant in the dirt here cause I imagine it has some lead paint chips somewhere in it… so just a little container gardening.

2 Likes

I was working out in the garden most of the day. It’s lovely out there in the morning, it got a little warm this afternoon. My tomato plants are thriving and getting so tall already.

1 Like

I’m going to go to the place down the street and buy a couple tomato plants tomorrow.

2 Likes

They’re worth it, they grow well in containers. Nothing like a fresh picked tomato off the vine.

2 Likes

I am putting in some seeds today. :tomato:

2 Likes

I’ve been growing and eating these microgreens… these are all a micro green mix which is like arugula, broccoli, kholrabi, kale, cabbage… Makes a nice salad topper, great on sandwiches, or for a small salad. I just ordered some more seeds and got a bunch of shallow little food containers to grow them in.

4 Likes

I started some today in the new containers, one is lettuce and one is purple rambo radish. 25 containers off Amazon for like $16… Also started using coco coir as the medium.

1 Like

That’s a great idea. I’ve seen the seeds advertised.

I should try that. Just came in from the garden. I needed to stake my tomatoes. Everything is growing so fast. I harvested my first cherry tomato. There really is nothing like home grown produce.

3 Likes

I order the microgreen seeds from truleaf market… I just ordered some buckwheat (which I love as a micro), some red swiss chard and some sort of radish…

It rained here today first time in awhile and it looks like my tomato plants grew six inches in a day… They’re just starting to form flowers though. I have three cherry tomato plants and a black krim… plus a few peppers and my herb and microgreen garden…

2 Likes

The micros are boujie eating and are expensive to buy.

1 Like

I can afford the micros. It’s more of a space issue for me.

I have limited space too, if you have a small shelf you can grow a lot of micros.

I’m sure I can figure it out. I know I don’t like alfalfa sprouts, never have. Are these different?

A lot of people get sick off of sprouts so I don’t fuck with them.

2 Likes

These you just use the humidity dome enough to germinate them, then remove it. Sprouts they only grow in jars of seed.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks for mentioning sprouts I’m going to take the lids off those containers tomorrow and just stack them on top one another no lids with an empty on top.

2 Likes

Have either of you two ever grown mushrooms, either the food ones or the psychedelic ones?

Yes

2 Likes