Hope spring's eternal, but hate is easier to sell

Three weeks (plus) from now the fate of the whole world is reliant on the United States waking up from a bad dream, and re-instating faux honour and respect for democracy, back into the White House.

Faux honour and respect for democracy being preferable to autocracy and widespread Mussolini memes, championed from the veranda of common dense.

I have my doubts whether you should have any doubts that it will be a close run thing. After all you are asking soccer moms and filtered down class rednecks to actually say they were the dumbest cunts ever to have a vote in 2016.

You can stop them in the street and ask them who they are going to vote for, but apart from the sister-shaggers, white supremo’s and banjo duellists no-one will ever admit what they voted for the last time, without drawing derisory looks from the pollster, or from simple fucking decency.

That’s what I fear, the sensible middle cannot multilaterally agree that they made a mistake, because mistakes can cost everyone…well everything in this case.And let’s face it, democratically the Yanks don’t really, nor ever did have that much to lose.

In many western democracies voter majority’s mean nothing, only systems and their rule.

If Trump wins, everyone loses. It’s not that I need to remind you of that here, just that I will remind you of that here… if he does.

2 Likes

Okay then, no prob. In the meantime, write if you find work.

It is no insult to call a dead democracy dead P.

1 Like

Will this be on the Final?

The final was in 2016. You all failed.

Well, that’s not such a good deal for us.

Preaching to the converted is always a hard sell, but I genuinely feel that hope does indeed spring eternal when linked to desire, like chlamydia, or a yet unknown coronavirus.

Related to one thing you addressed, who are these cunts that are afraid to tell others how they vote or what they think?

If you’re that ashamed, then maybe you ought to rethink your vote.

I’m not afraid of telling anyone what I think. Not that any of you have ever noticed that about me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Blandly, did I tell you that I am something like 3/16th Scottish?

I that like saying “Uncle”?

:grinning:

I don’t know, maybe I watch too much CNN and MSNBC, far too much, but I like how the news in your country is presented. You only have to watch your favoured channel and it will favour your voting pattern. We don’t really have that here in a real democracy where the state media is legally bound to be impartial.

Even when it sometimes refuses to accept its charter, I can be brought to book.

Do you have a channel like that for example, in the US??

Not anymore. We used to when we were all much younger. The gutting of the Fairness Doctrine has everything to do with the downfall of impartiality in the “news” whether on TV or in print.

I noticed that when that young boy, what’s his name, Shapiro was being interviewed by our most right wing interviewer, Andrew Neil.

He’s a cunt.

Yes he is, but he looks good in inane rambling, like a hill walker or a rambler with no legs, or an opinion fostered out to a street corner soap box.

2 Likes

That generation has an incredible amount of douchebags making names for themselves.

Though we have one of yours over here that is a Trump dingleberry. Steve Hilton I think is his name. We have that Canadian Mark Styn as well…I hate those fuckers.

We have plenty of our own home grown assholes. We really don’t more.

Like I said and intimated in my initial post, democracy and the thin line between demagogy is not short of followers.

Just tell me you don’t have a poster of Daisy Duke on your wall, or ever fervently masturbated in your wanking chariot to a monochrome of General Lee sitting astride his gay grey charger. That horse was proved to be gay during the golden age of American television.

If you are any part Scottish, you have our appreciation for the strength of your parents and grandparents Genome and Seed. Not the Department Store but the sticky and rather insanitary squelching of parts.

It is a well known fact that our seed only comes in one big tadpole, as opposed to 17 billion little ones. You actually have to deep fry it in our mating rituals while orally stimulating the female. It’s all rather convoluted, but we find convoluted foreplay very erotic.

I have no idea what 3/16ths is as a percentage of Scots, but it all sounds very impressive.

I’m wearing Daisy Dukes, does that count?

1 Like

It would depend on circumstance and context A…are they crotchless?