I Had A Taco Night. @Oak

The other night I made some Tacos, with super soft Tortillas. I used the usual toppings with lean beef. The one thing that I didn’t like was the seasoning for the ground beef. It was Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning Mix. Thoughts?

don’t use the prepackaged mixes, do a modicum of research on tacos and give yourself another chance

2 Likes

The beauty of street tacos is simplicity.

2 Likes

I think you make your own seasoning mix. First, it’s important to understand that the cruncy taco you probably made with ground beef isn’t authentic to Tex-Mex or Mexican food. So, we don’t make taco seasoning.

That being said, American crunchy tacos can be good too. We make them at home once in a while and I just buy the seasoning mix at Costco. I found a recipe that sounds pretty convincing.

2 Likes

Exactly, season the meat (pork, beef, chicken, etc) then some cilantro, diced onion, slice of avocado, squeeze of lime…yum!

A good garnish for tacos is red onion sliced thinly and pickled in lemon. So delish!

2 Likes

No, I used the soft Tortillas. I liked them a lot.
What about Tortilla style chips? Are they American as well?

Thanks for the tips. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah, I am going to do the research but I thought that I would ask the house expert first. :grin:

Soft flour tortillas?

That’s called a taco I suppose…not soft taco, just taco.

Tortilla chips were sort of also invented along the border…I think it might have been on the Mexican side, but expressly for Americans at a hotel or something.

2 Likes