I Know Many of You Are Wondering

what I will be doing today. Well - I will be returning to that section of river I had fished last w/e only with swimsuit rather than waders. Full report to follow.

1 Like

What sort of a swim suit?

This one?

Or is that too 2015?

Speedo Jammers:

“Vitamin A” offers some nice swimwear, too.

http://g.nordstromimage.com/ImageGallery/store/product/Zoom/18/_9951778.jpg

1 Like

Of course all bassmen know that if you can choose a day to fish, do not choose a sunny day so I knew I was likely in for a tough time, but it was very pretty day, and I did not fall in - I will use old sneaks in the future though since water shoes like for swimming are too thin and your feets get hurt. I missed a couple of early fish, one smallie which I had hooked using an unusual technique, and a larger fish which I think was maybe a shad or large Fallfish. Then I brought in a very pretty Pumpkinseed, a nice pan size. I hooked up a catfish, which I have occasionally caught on lures in the past. This one fell for a 3/16 jig w/ 3 inch pearl/smoke grub as did most of my catches today. What a fight it was. Honestly I was thinking 3 lb Smallie as I was working it in. Also caught a good 2.5 lb Walleye (19 - 20 inches), 3 Smallies, a Rock Bass and another nice Walleye, plus a good sized Fallfish.
Not too bad considering it was a better day for a picnic.
Gosh I just love being out there. Saw the first Fireflies of the summer tonight on the way home. :smile:

2 Likes

Nice. What is a pumpkinseed? I’ve always enjoyed catching rock bass. I think Flatfish may be what we called Drum in the Missouri Bottoms. Strange how people in different parts of the country have different names for the same fish.

He knew it was a pumpkinseed because it was on the store label along with the weight and price -

1 Like

A Pumkinseed is a Sunfish like what you may call Bream. Though maybe Bream means more like a Bluegill. Here is a Pumpkinseed Sunfish:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/FishnDave/2014FishPics/DM_PLN_8dot5inPumpkinseed_10-5-2014a_zpsb0f2a75e.jpg

1 Like

Yeah, we call those Bream, though I’ve also heard them just called Sunfish by those who aren’t really knowledgeable about the different species. We don’t really have a different name for Bluegill.

Man, I miss river fishing. Not much too choose from around here.

1 Like

Stop by - we’ll go. :smile:

If you’re wearing Speedos, count me in!

1 Like

Hey Starling - Where you been?

In Salem Oregon then Vancouver BC.

Too much travelling and partying for my old bones.

Cut down on the partying. I found that to be a big help. :smiley:

It was a once in a lifetime event. :smile:

I also got a terrible sunburn from your hot American sun.

shakes fist at sky

In Oregon? I hear they have no sun there.:laughing:

Whoever said that is a liar! Haha

Anyway - smear yourself with coconut oil - it will help it feel better and heal.

I did aloe and cocunut. I’m still peeling like I’m a damn leper.

eeeeew…