I thought about it and fuck it

I’m moving to The Pearl District, one of the more upscale neighborhoods in Portland into something nice. Pricy but I’m only going up from here and even after I pay my rent I will still have way more left than I’m accustomed to. It’s worth it for a way better quality of life and I love the area. Getting out of Loserville the far east side… I hate it out here… it’s where all the dumb people are.

2 Likes

My long hauler cuzzin just bought a nice big one bedroom condo, last spring…She’s not high up, but in a newer building that seems to be relatively urban blight free, homeless etc…but she can see big pink and a view looking south sort of up the park blocks

I have no idea what she paid for this pied a terre, but prolly a lot. She’s had a very nice career, and I think her Daddy probably left her a nice little wad, between me and the fence post.

2 Likes

Nice! Yeah I just want a one bedroom apartment… I’m guessing that probably ran her around $500-600k… I want to live there for multiple reasons…

1. It’s swank.
  2. Great public transportation
  3. Great place to walk
  4. Great area to go out in lots of options
  5. The best parks
  6. It’s where a lot of other successful people live, good place to network and make friends. I don’t want any friends out here on the east side.

I don’t care about being up high that much but I want to definitely be above ground level. The area around my guy’s place down on the riverwalk seems more boring and old money whereas The Pearl is more younger professionals/new money.

1 Like

There is probably some demographic truth to that, most of those condos in the pearl weren’t there when I lived by PSU in the 80’s. I don’t think “The Pearl District” had even been coined or come into the idiom then. Whereas that general area along the South Waterfront was largely “gentrified” in the 70’s.

1 Like

I’m not around there recently, but I wouldn’t rule out the south end entirely.

1 Like

Like S. Waterfront by OHSU?

1 Like

I would love to live in one of these down on S. Waterfront, The Strand, but they’re out of my price range until I get a nice raise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah that’s all part of the newer South development built over old industrial wastelands, but now a swank little hood for the up and coming Schwabe, Williams and Wyatt Associates.

1 Like

And the 12 year old rocket surgeons up the hill.