Ima Going Survivalist...light

I never thought too much about preparing for The Apocalypse but I am thinking that it may make sence, especially now that countries such as NK and Iran will soon have the ability to deliver an EMP device. Such a device would kill 90% of the US population over the course of 2 years mainly because of social chaos and supply chain disruptions.

Nobody wants to starve:

So I am thinking that it might be a good idea to have 4 or 5 months of food, this would be food that would be used normally and that I would cycle through long before it’s ‘best buy’ date. For example, I use apple sauce for a medication that I need. I need 3 bottles every month. I could buy 30 bottles ahead of time and they would be good for 2 years; I would just continuously recycle them and they would always be fresh. :clap:

If 90% of Americans are dead, including my friends and family…I’ll be okay to go too.

I don’t understand those that think they’d want to stick around for the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust.

2 Likes

Buy an AR-15, and you’ll be just fine.

3 Likes

:rofl:

Do they kill zombies too?

2 Likes

Coat the bullets in Republican brains, the zombies will starve to death.

2 Likes

Is it all Republicans or only the Trump kool aid guzzlers?

Yer non-MAGAt Republican is as spineless as yer post-9/11 Democrat, and on the same idea… fear of speaking out against the main GOP bullshit for fear of political retribution.

1 Like

Fair.

When you say post 9/11 Democrat, are you referring to the Patriot Act, war in Iraq, etc, refusing to go after Bushco?

2 Likes

Yup. The fear of being labeled unpatriotic or unAmerican was paralyzing. Today the purity test is even narrower.

1 Like

Unfortunately, you’re right. There is no room for dissent any longer.

1 Like

I wasn’t talking about a nuclear holocaust, I was talking about an EMP device delivered by a smaller state. I think that it is within the realm of possibility. Think 911 or the spread of the Wuhan Virus. You might consider looking up Electro Magnetic Device, or EMP device.

People wouldn’t die all at once, they would largely starve over the couse of a couple of years.

Me, I don’t have the guts to kill myself and I would want to be around for my fam.

I guess I don’t live my life thinking about those kinds of attacks.

1 Like

I live on the Pacific Coast, there is a fault line roughly 50 miles west of me, The Cascade Subduction Zone, it’s estimated that if that zone did a worst case scenario upheaval, a very large section of the Pacific Coastline would be wiped out, in some areas as far inland of up to 100 miles. I know that’s a risk I have of living here, I could move inland back to the Valley, then I am close to 2 or 3 potentially active volcanoes, not to mention the increased exposure to people.

1 Like

There was a 5+ on that line south of you, down eureka way, today.

2 Likes

Meh, what’s that like a large box truck rumbling by?

2 Likes

There are semi frequent offshore tremors/quakes, I actually think I might feel one now and then, a light but noticeable vibration for a few seconds

1 Like

There have been several of those civil alert tests on the TV lately and I seem to have them on my mind. :grin: Anyways, I decided to scale back my plans a little. I will have maybe 10 jars of peanut butter, 10 jars of preserves, several packs of WASA Crisp Bread and a couple of containers of Banana Chips. I will survive a few weeks on a modified version of an Elvis sandwich. :joy:

1 Like

My area had a 2.2 a couple of days ago. :rofl:(get it?)

Maybe you’re just hungry or something…

1 Like