Martial law, eh?

Trump also reportedly brought up Flynn’s proposal, which he has expounded on cable news, to impose martial law and direct the military to hold a new election. “At one point in the meeting on Friday, Mr. Trump asked about that idea,” reports the Times.

Political scientists have debated whether it is accurate to describe Trump’s efforts to overturn the election as a “coup,” an “autogolpe,” or neither. Trump’s interest in deploying the military to cancel an election he clearly lost certainly seems to resolve that debate, at least in terms of his intent.<

2 Likes

Again what saddens me the most is the guys i know from High School that are variously successful in their fields, that really think Trump was/is the answer, It’s shocking.

He is the answer, but the question is not what they think it is.

1 Like

Did he start any new wars?

Well at least he brought peace to the Koreas.

He brought us to the brink with Iran, tho cooler heads than his prevailed.
He has disenfranchised most of our allies, tho HOPEFULLY cooler heads than his will prevail.
He has allowed a powerful adversary access and inroads into our infrastructure, and it may take more than cooler heads to sort that out.
So technically no, he has not started any new wars, tho I doubt subtlety was the answer you were seeking.

1 Like

Clinton, Bush, Obama, Bush etc. all failed when it was relatively easy to do. Now NK has 60 plus nukes to play with.

He politely requested that they pay their fare share and that upset them. One weeps.

In International Diplomacy it is coonsidered to be “poor taste” to manhandle a head of state, I know it might seem silly, but that’s the way it is.