Oregon State Police take their ball and go home, boo hoo hoo

Where it says “Rioters” it’s supposed to say “Protesters” but since the media is mostly owned by right wing fringe groups like SInclair Broadcasting company they call us all rioters of course.

There’s something happening here
What it is ain’t exactly clear
There’s a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware

1 Like

Huge win for protesters! How many places can say they made the state police cry and go home?

From last night, gotta love those paint balloons… :stuck_out_tongue:

So far protesters have outlasted the Fuds and The State Police… all that’s left is PPB and the National Guard. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

As a native Son, this has been fascinating and at times infuriating, and saddening to see the destruction of “my” homelands. But I also understand it, as much progress as America has made in racial equality, there is no doubt we have a lot more work to do.

I would like to see this movement, not abandon it’s BLM core at all, but just become a little more inclusive of the idea of blacks as the “majority of the economically forgotten” I ever tell y’all about the waspy blue eyed blond Share croppers, yes sharecroppers in the late 70’s outside of Memphis Tennessee, me and a few of my Shipmates met on the banks of the Mississippi? If we are going to “Revolution” why not for everyone?

Since when was it not for everyone? What has really been destroyed in Portland? The $23 million in damages was bullshit and was also counting lost business for months due to coronavirus shutdowns. All that was really destroyed were some bullshit statues around the police station. And really it’s only the base of the elk that was damaged, the statues were removed for safekeeping. So what you have some newspaper boxes, some graffiti…

Maybe that was a little “all live matter” of me, but Portland is in a real sense my ancestral homeland, and I myself have lived in downtown Portland, while going to PSU and working various pt jobs while in school…that might seem overly sentimental, it is what it is…try and think of it as someone vandalizing your favorite relative’s house you had growing up, that one aunt or grandma or neighbor maybe, whose place always felt extra special.

My parents met and married working in downtown PDX at the big Newspaper in town (which was like your internet and cable all in one, after they divorced and Dad moved up into Washington, I would ride the bus from Salem up to Tacoma where Dad would pick me up…seeing all those old statues as the bus rolled by downtown Portland made me feel like I had just visited “The homeland” aka Rome where my story began, in my preteen mind.

I haven’t heard of any homes vandalized except the residents gassed out by police. I don’t know where you’re getting your news from. The protesters don’t bother homes…

ehh sorry, I get what you were saying now… but really the damage is pretty minimal, a few broken windows and some graffiti… cops break windows and shit too with their tear gas and grenades.

I’d guess quite a few of the protesters are native portlanders too.

I didn’t say, that, just sharing my gut reactions to seeing scenes of destruction in places that are literally home to me. I lived downtown, I went to school downtown, I worked downtown…that’s all.

In the meantime I am sitting here, and like you, watching all this play out.

I haven’t heard you admit to throwing a stone yet.

I haven’t thrown anything, the worst thing I’ve done down there is tell the dumbass cops to put a fucking mask on.

1 Like