Say Wabbit

You’ve traveled far mor broadly than I. I seek advice.

If an American were to live abroad in a nation not too terribly hot, and wanted to transfer his wealth there, what would be a good choice?

I would put Uruguay on the list to look into. I think if you do a google search, there are websites with tons of info.

Ask @Seamajor about Costa Rica, which I haven’t visited in over 3 decades but which had a lot to offer at that time. I also know people who’ve chosen Mexico and other Central American countries as well as Canaduh.

Lotus is in Portugal now, has been there a while, and speaks of not coming back. Message me if you need help reaching her.

He said not too hot.

Yes, so I noticed. “too hot” is a relative thing, beyond my pay grade to translate accurately.

Frida loved Barcelona and Catalonia as I recall, but sadly she’s beyond the reach of our inquiries now.

I was thinking Spain or Italy as well.

But there may be Central European countries that might be great too.

Croatia, Slovenia. I’d pick France or Czech, but I have my bias.

However, if you’re looking to avoid this nouveau White Supremacy Nationalist movement, well, good luck with that.

1 Like

I fear it can lead to another war on the European continent. Putin is plucking those strings…

2 Likes

Mexico, in the highlands, isn’t too hot and there are over 1 million expats there, more than anywhere in the world.

1 Like

My next Trip is gonna be to Ecuador.

4 Likes

San Miguel de Allende is so beautiful. I loved Guanajuato too. They’re in the highlands. I was there just about a year ago. My friend Cynthia invited me back for TG. Sadly I declined.

1 Like

Most Americans live at Lake Chapala from what I understand.

Appreciate the input. By “not too hot”, I mean summer highs less than 80.

Less hot means more cold in the other half of the year.

Sweden, Norway, Finland, Greenland, extreme Northern Scotland, Denmark…Siberia. Southern Chile/Argentina. Russia…

:laughing:

1 Like

You can’t have everything! lmao

Lake Chapala Mexico has a year round average temp of 74 degrees. Not bad really.

Scotland sounds about my speed, if tRump would just stay away.

No golf courses in Greenland. Hmm.