Sometimes you just have to share

Jones is from Alberta but this is a Nashville based group that used to gig often around here before the Ronas. Same banjo player as above, but this is her “regular” band these days. Jones has great pipes but it’s a different kinda voice for bluegrass. His voice reminds me of Ian Tyson’s, who was another Western Canadian folkie when I was young.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

A great cover of an awesome fusion jazz/rocker by a certified Master Jazz Drummer, Tonly Williams, (He toured and recorded with “Miles” man)

1 Like

Some of us of a certain age, or micro-era adored this perky person and her yuuge voice…here she is as we first heard of her.

2 Likes
1 Like

Today marks the 40th anniversary of John’s death. Hard to believe he’s been gone now as long as he was here.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

rec for the capture on #2 alone!

1 Like

Post Malone does a set of Nirvana very well…

@Wabbit

vidz embedded in story

2 Likes

^^^ only in Japan, eh?

The Irish girls agin

1 Like

^^^

I can’t sing, I ain’t pretty and my legs are thin…

Well one out of three sure ain’t bad

1 Like

A little Sunday Afternoon Music, with Robert and Toyah,

She is so perky

The incredibly talented Pakistani musicians of Sachal Studios performed an absolutely brilliant cover of the iconic Dave Brubeck piece “Take Five”. This incredible version featured such uniquely Indo-Pakistani sounds as the tabla (twin drums) played by Ustad Ijaz Hussain Ballu Khan, Ustad Tanveer Hussain on sarod, and Nafees Ahmed on sitar. These particular instruments combined with the rest of the orchestra created a new, multi-layered take on an old classic.
2 Likes