The Hollywood writers protest…

I drove by Fox (Century City, CA) today and the writers are picketing in full force. My daughter, a production assistant and USC film school grad, clued me in about the steaming platforms not paying residuals. She is anticipating this will last past August. But could you imagine writing a script that airs and then the popularity of that film blossoms into 10 million + streams and the streaming platform that has the technology to track viewership like never before not paying residuals for streaming? Most of these writers make a nominal set fee for a script and rely on the residual checks, which the old school tv networks pay. This is the industry norm.

But while I was driving by, I noticed a dapper gay gentleman in a well tailored shorts suit and hat carrying a sign that read “I always dress up when someone is trying to screw me!”

So I texted my daughter and her roommate (who is also on the industry) and they LOVED it and cheered them on textually.

Go writers!!

1 Like

I support the writers’ strike wholeheartedly. I support any workers that want to be justly compensated for their work.

It’s the untalented ghouls that make all the money from the workers. Fuck them, without the workers (writers in this case) they wouldn’t be making any money.

Americans need to flock back to Unions again.

1 Like