The House Speaker vote

I was really looking forward avidly, to Kevin finally getting in on the 13th vote, just for the metaphysical ooga booga.

It seems like he’ll eventually get in. However, the shit show is going to be grander than ever. He wants to be speaker more than anything else. He is giving the keys to the asylum to the patients. He’s screwed no matter what he does.

He deserves what’s coming.

1 Like

Looks like 14 did it.

Kev has caught the car. Now what?

Bobert voted “present”, which reduces the number of votes to an even number (430), so the threshold of majority still remains the same. And he has 3 R votes for someone else, so at this point he needs to run the table.

Gaetz left the room when his name was called, meaning he gets called last. At his point, it was 216/212/4 with 2 present, so his vote will decide this round.

Attention hoor.

Cue dramatic music.

2 Likes

Gaetz votes present, so the 216 for and 216 against are another loss for Kev. They will likely adjourn until Monday. There was some minor physicality after Gaetz did this.

Again, attention hoor.

2 Likes

My bad, I misread an early running subtotal.

On to 15.

15 and done. McCarthy is Speaker. 216/211/noOthers with 5 present.

1 Like

It only took them a week to accomplish what should have been done early on day one, let the GOP House gridlock commence. I hope they let Marge have oversite of the gazpacho police.

2 Likes

Here’s what happened:

And they did they let gave the 9/11 truther QAnon bat shit crazy neanderthal the Homeland Security oversite Committee. America, what a Country!

And Santos mcPantsonfire gets Science and Business.