This day in US History

[quote=“Oak, post:10, topic:9882, full:true”]
How can women’s suffrage compete with National Dog Day though?

The very idea!!!
[/quote] Maybe if the name were changed to Biotche’s Equality Day it could share the stage.

That explains you lingering presence.

No, I wasn’t, actually. This isn’t about you necessarily at all. I am very aware of the gender of the person that posted the thread. I can’t blame that person or anyone here for not knowing about it. It’s not like the mainstream media or culture at large actually really honors women. We don’t know about it, because no one talks about it.

People that talk about stuff for a day or two are the ISSUISTS…they allow the meager media to get them going and forget about it as soon as it drops off the news cycle…like Ebola, and hundreds of other things.

You are hardly the only ISSUIST in the country, narcissist.

So, Holliday. I checked with this attorney I know. And like I have postulated…Women’s suffrage did not overturn 144 years of settled law.

Overturning settled law is done at the Supreme Court level. This was a constitutional amendment.

So, there you go. You are WRONG.

So what - the point is that law today may not be law tomorrow - see my list of countries that have repealed Birthright citizenship in recent years elsewhere. Maybe Saudi Arabia will allow women to drive soon. Who knows. The fact is that nothing is ever really settled, and court rulings are overturned, many having found to be wrong. :wink:

The fact remains that your statement about the 19th amendment overturning settled law after 144 years was and is wrong.

I still don’t know what that word means.

That’s not my problem is it?

The fact remains - 150 years and laws change.

You’re initial butthurt sentiment was wrong neverthless.

No it wasn’t - 150 years of law overturned. It happens.

Well an actual ATTORNEY acknowledged that I was correct.

Believe me, it was a grudging admission…he detests how birthright citizenship has been interpreted.

However, this attorney’s integrity is more important than being butthurt over a political difference of opinion.

We are talking about women’s right to vote.

Yes. Your butthurt reference was to birthright citizenship in your response in this very thread.

Legally, women’s suffgrage via the 19 the amendment did not overturn settled law.

Why can’t you accept.that you’re wrong? Is your ass at risk of permanently puckering if you do?

1 Like

I’m afraid you’re too late to prevent this, Oak.

Law is never settled, Oak. Never. We have laws against murder and theft too, and yet the US military bends the definition daily.
A thing can be named and defined in any way, but permanence will be overthrown.

You don’t understand what “stiettled law” is…clearly.

At this point it’s your problem. You remain mired in stubborn and purposeful ignorance.

You’re wrong and that’s all there is to it.

Look - I understand you want to make a precise legal technical term, but I laugh, I scoff at the very idea of anything “settled” in law. Was Plessy not settled law?

Not by the usual definitions. Maybe you should look into what they are, if you plan to continue your climb of Mt. Butthurt…

Plessy has never been settled law. For one thing the losers did not accept the opinion and continued to work against it. Just like Roe v Wade, or the Obamacare law.

Also, Plessy has never been overturned even though Brown v B of E and the Civil Rights Act pretty much gutted its importance.

I never heard of that, let alone understood it.