Update from my Covid Cousin

She was very very sick early last summer, never hospitalized but it was close…she “recovered” but has been dealing with awful lingering symptoms ever since…

this is her FB response to one of her friends on 10/15 how she is doing…

I have quite a few symptoms that are remaining. I have moved from short-term disability to long-term disability. I’m still outrageously fatigued… Sleeping 10 hours or more a night, experiencing brain fog after five or six hours of work, sense of smell not fully restored, inability to yawn … I really miss that! I still run a low-grade fever every night… 99.2° to 99.6°.

Headaches and panic attacks are two of the most debilitating side effects that are not going away.

Sunday night I felt like I was having a heart attack… Terrible pain on the left side of my chest radiating down my left arm to the elbow. Deep, deep ache.

There’s new stuff all the time, and old stuff that just doesn’t get better.

I’m thinking about retiring early. If this virus has shortened my life, as it very well may have, I don’t want to spend the last years of my life working my ass off. There are places I need to go, things I need to see, and people I still need to hug again before I die.

LOL… Probably more than you wanted to know.

Feel free to count your blessings or superior genes, whatever brings you joy.

3 Likes

that’s rough.

3 Likes

I’ll count my superior blood type.

1 Like

It hits some people very hard. I just read some stories about athletes who are having heart problems.