@Wabbit

Humor? 'splain

Since this is MY threadā€¦ Iā€™ll post this here

2 Likes

So the weight came back up and so did the sugars. Back on the CGM, see if I can manage this again

4 Likes

Best of luck @Wabbit, are you pre-diabetic or diabetic?

1 Like

Becoming older does come with some drawbacks, sadly.

1 Like

Pre, but this is now my second rodeo and I need to rethink things. Last time I got my A1C back in the 5ā€™s very quickly, weā€™ll see how well I do this time.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s best to tackle it now that itā€™s prediabetes.

I just recently ordered a book called ā€œStay Off My Operating Tableā€, by Philip Ovadia MD.

He focuses on metabolic health to prevent heart disease primarily, but also metabolic health in general.

I think the key is to avoid all processed foods, especially sugar.

You might find this video helpful.

I am sure that you know a lot already; just something that worked for me. I eat some Grape-Nuts in the morning mixed with fat free milk and sometimes some beries. I donā€™t really like breakfast but this keeps me from getting hungrey for much of the day. Also, I tend to eat less for my main meal. I use this stratagy(Grape-Nuts) after main meal as well.

I put back some of the weight that I lost(about half) but that was mainly because I I didnā€™t strictly follow the diet; I got a little bored with it is all. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

One of my oldest friends has become a health nut, he has a bowl of Fiber One with Skim Milk, Fiber One has more fiber that Grape-Nuts. He also cut out all alcohol, something I am looking at too.

1 Like

Kinda the same as me. Iā€™m also not a breakfast person, but grape nuts does keep me from being hungry a long time as well. A protein shake tends to do the job as well if itā€™s not too early in the morning.

1 Like

Hey Iā€™m down 5 lbs already this round, but then I am getting over yer RSVā€™s and feel like shit warmed over so that helps lol

3 Likes

I have greek yoghurt, blueberries and this keto nut ā€œgranolaā€ and Iā€™m full for hours and it has good amount of protein and ā€œgoodā€ fat.

https://www.costco.com/.product.100857802.html Itā€™s at most Costco warehouses.

I avoid carb breakfastsā€¦spikes insulin.

I will try it. I have Grape Nuts cereal with berries and fat free milk. That works well(Grape Nuts donā€™t have added sugar and that leaves me with a sense of fullness) but I get a little bored having the same thing all the time.

1 Like