We don't Cotton to stolen valor around here

Apparently graduating from ranger school and bring an actual Ranger are not the same thing.

Not sure why the Army continues to allow that common misnomer, There is a Ranger School, a “rigorous course”, that lots of people go through including students from other branches You get the yellow tab that says Ranger on it, …but it is not the same thing as the much more grueling and much longer series endurance hazing evolutions…RASP(The main selection pipeline to the Ranger Regiments, where you get the “Ranger Scroll”, yuuge difference. Boro can clarify it if I am off, but I think that is the gist.

This bullshit of Cotton’s has come up before
He’s technically not in violation of the 2013 Stolen Valor act which is a watered down version of the 2006 act which was held unconstitutional because freedom of speech. Of course, before the 2006 act the usual remedy was to drag his ass out behind the barn and kick it repeatedly, plus public shaming.

What pisses me off worse is his consistently anti veteran legislative record.

1 Like

There’s a couple vets on YT, that make public shaming of fake vets a cottage industry.

Shipley is pretty good.

@theWolf used to be a big Shipley fan. Was a time when he and Iswapped a lot of stuff back & forth.

1 Like