Who was it here that was trying CBD oil for pain?

I was wondering how it was going. If they found the right dosage & concentration that works for them.

I got a really low concentration formula (150 mg/oz) and I’m wondering if something stronger would be more appropriate for chronic pain management.

that’s a pretty low dosage, 900 to a 1000 ml an oz seems to be about the going strength that people I know here are using, be it in pills or droppers. @ roughly $60.00 a bottle. for a months supply +/-

1 Like

Make sure your CBD oil or whatever comes from a CBD strain and not European industrial hemp… THERE IS HUGE DIFFERENCE… should have an actual CBD strain name…

I’d recommend getting straight CBD shatter from the stores/dispensary and making your own concentration, it will dissolve right into some high proof alcohol or warm coconut oil.

Thanks for the info. Being in a backwards state, it’s not easy to find legal stuff that’s also quality product.

But you’ve both given me a better idea of what I need to be looking for.

THC shatter/oil you want to activate/decarboxylate in the oven at 240F for 40 minutes. I usually decarb my oil on a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Otherwaise the THC is unactivated THCA and won’t get you high.

I believe CBD is the same and is in the form of CBDA before being activated. Oh and I found this link, not sure how good it is.

https://www.marijuanabreak.com/identify-high-grade-cbd-hemp-oil

Moved to the MJ board for easier finding.

1 Like

So if I don’t decarb it, will it still work for pain without the deleterious effects?

What deleterious effects? If you don’t decarb it will be cbda a different compound than CBD .

You said without doing that it wouldn’t get you high. Maybe I missed the term trying be cute. Would it still help with pain without the high.

yes THC = Psychoactive CBD Not Pychoactive.

I’ve never used CBD, because it counteracts the THC… :slight_smile:

I doubt it will help much if you don’t decarb it first.

For example you could eat a bunch of raw THC weed and you would ingest THCA and probably wouldn’t get high off of it, although the THCA might help with other types of things than THC would… same with CBD and CBDA except CBD probably isn’t going to get you high, hope that made sense.