Hey, Bro, did you catch Hedges in Portland in May?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONzLgOHD6uw

“Trump is the face of our collective idiocy.”

“The crisis we face is the result of a four-decade-long corporate coup d’etat.”

“The problem is the corporate state, and until we dismantle that, we are doomed.”

1 Like

IMHO, every person who lives in the USA should be required to watch this speech. Especially Bromo.

Requiring every person who lives in the USA to watch ANYTHING is antithetical to what you are trying to protect or retrieve.

Also, I think it’s naive to believe that very many of those people would (1) understand wtf he was talking about, and (2) if they did, would change their “opinions” which have already been programmed by said corporate state.

No need to take every damn thing I say so literally.

Thanks for watching the video and engaging me in a conversation about it. I should know better than to imagine that might happen here.

Perhaps Midge will watch.

“The Democratic Party . . . did not lose the election because of Comey or the Russians, but because it betrayed working men and women on behalf of corporate power, and used its machinery to deny the one candidate, Bernie Sanders, who could have defeated Trump, from getting the nomination.” 44:00

“The Democrats bear as much responsibility for Betsy DeVos as the Republicans.”

Who?

Pulitzer Prize-winning American journalist, Princeton Professor, and Presbyterian minister. His books include War Is a Force That Gives Us Meaning (2002)—a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award for Nonfiction—Empire of Illusion: The End of Literacy and the Triumph of Spectacle (2009), Death of the Liberal Class (2010), The New York Times best seller, written with cartoonist Joe Sacco, Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt (2012), and his most recent Wages of Rebellion: The Moral Imperative of Revolt (2015).

Hedges is a columnist for the progressive news and commentary website Truthdig.[1][2] He is also a host for the television program On Contact on RT.[3] Hedges spent nearly two decades as a foreign correspondent in Central America, West Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and the Balkans. He has reported from more than fifty countries, and has worked for The Christian Science Monitor, NPR, Dallas Morning News, and The New York Times,[4] where he was a foreign correspondent for fifteen years (1990–2005).

In 2001, Hedges contributed to The New York Times staff entry that received the 2002 Pulitzer Prize for Explanatory Reporting for the paper’s coverage of global terrorism. He also received the Amnesty International Global Award for Human Rights Journalism in 2002.[5] He has taught at Columbia University, New York University, the University of Toronto and Princeton University, where he is currently a visiting lecturer in African American studies.[4][6][7][8][9]

I didn’t even hear about it, till after the fact.

Do you listen to KBOO?

Does he have an hour and a quarter to burn because I sure as shit don’t.

Oh, come on. You both burn more than that just posting bs. It’s permissible to watch it in parts, too.

Once in a blue moon, I used to listen more often in my younger days. It’s a good station tho, particularly for the Progressive audience,

We have a Pacifica station here – same number, 90.7. I used to listen, then started listening a lot to NPR. The election took me back to Pacifica. Tired of the corporate bs that infiltrated NPR during the election. I’m glad I rediscovered Pacifica. Now I listen to both.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll dial them up on my radio in the car, that’s about the only place I listen to the radio. Well once in a while I’ll stream radio when I internetting.

1 Like

I listen to the Men’s Room… because the last thing I need to hear when I leave work is stressful news.

With that title I can imagine it’s popular with a lot of republicans.

3 Likes

It’s very center line, small liberal leanings at best.

It’s a talk show in between music on 99.9 the Rock
Mostly about stupid current events, Darwin awards etc.

They have their own beer and sausage, too… proceeds going to local Fisher Houses.

What’s a Fisher House?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Cq6bXVBr4

Part II is better than Part 1, for anyone who cares to listen. Quite inspirational. I listened while doing some housework. It doesn’t have to eat up your time.

Word to the wise, skip the corny intro.