Holiday movies...... or not

So, apparently there is actually some debate, I won’t say where, about whether or not Die Hard is a christmas movie. I believe it is. In fact I have a list of similar films (no insulin required types)

Die Hard 2, Die Hard with a Vengeance (he mentions Santa in a tunnel scene), Lethal Weapon, I Come In Peace, Soldier, No Escape (1994), The Bourne Identity, R.E.D., Deadpool (calendar girl montage), Long Kiss Goodnight, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Hellboy II: the Golden Army (opening), Batman Returns, and The Last Boyscout.

If you want twisted there’s “The Ref” 1994. Dysfunctional doesn’t even come close.

If I’m looking for something with less gunfire (notice the qualifier?) I’d pick A Christmas Story (you’ll shoot your eye out!), and the George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol.

So, what are you go to action flicks for the silly season? And which ‘traditional’ films will you sit through with minimal complaints?

Enemy of the State

Behind Enemy Lines

Iron Man 3

Home Alone?

Bad Santa is pretty funny

Trading Places

1 Like

I don’t “movie” very much, but here are a few I haven’t “used up” yet.

Enemy at the Gates

The Blue Max

The Missouri Breaks

…and of the classics, only two

The Bishop’s Wife

Miracle on 34th Street

ETA…maybe Bad Santa.

Which one? The Cary Grant or the newer one with Whitney Houston?

The 1947 one, Loretta Young.

1 Like

Enemy at the Gate still haunts me.

Good film. Not very Christmasy, but hey there’s plenty of snow.

I believe there is also some debate about whether Die Hard is actually a movie at all.

1 Like

The nice boss lady at my work gave us all two AMC movie tickets. I think I want to see the new del Torro movie - the Shape of Water. It is coming out very soon and water sometimes takes the shape of snowflakes so maybe it is a Christmas movie. Otherwise, A Christmas story is a good one and it definitely is a Christmas movie.

1 Like