I want that meteor more often these days

We went to a Harvest Festival at this farm in the middle of the SF Bay with the family today. Pumpkin patch, tractor rides, chickens, cows, sheep, goats and pigs. Family friendly activities including grain milling, bluegrass band, kids activities, etc. Been wanting to take my grandson because he loves farms and farm animals. He was so excited.

It was a great day overall, lots of fun. But I had some weird experiences as well. My kiddo and her family, including the little guy picked out pumpkins. A traditional orange, a medium to large white, a dark forest green pumpkin and a pumpkin with “warts” on it. They were quite lovely. The farm lets you take a wheel barrow and load up your pumpkins. We took a picture of the kiddo sitting on this pumpkin. These Asian women took the wheel barrow to position it for a picture. They didn’t even ask if they could use the wheelbarrow and pumpkins as props for their photos.

On the whole, no harm, no foul, a little rude to just grab stuff without asking, but no big deal. However, we’d spent like 1/2 an hour looking at different pumpkins, the pros and cons, talking to the little one about what he liked about the pumpkins, helping him decide which he wanted…in other words, having an experience and forming memories for the kiddo.

I ask myself, what is the point of picking out someone else’s experience just for the photo. No depth to the experience whatsoever,

Same thing at Joshua Tree National Park a couple of Turkey Days ago. Again, this time South Asians, jumping out of their car, running to a cactus and taking a pic, jumping back in their car and leaving. I guess to their next photo op. No hike, nothing.

I don’t understand wanting a picture for just the picture. What’s the point?

Anywho, here’s the little guy at the top of the hay pyramid. Fearless like my kiddo.

Srsly

1 Like