Love It Out Here 2

Got some hiking boots, Coleman brand, only spent $40 on them, did 7-8 miles todayat Skyline Wilderness Park in Napa… eat yer heart out Holly Day… 2.3 mile hike to Lake Marie up an old stagecoach road, steady incline… the lake was beautiful… Then I looped around on the Skyline trail which was fairly steep up and down in spots and sometimes very rocky but fairly easy. Spots that overlooked the Bay had a nice cool breeze 15-20 degrees cooler… I saw a lot of deer, wild turkey at the lower levels, a flock of small blue songbirds and some big birds of prey flying above.

I sat down on a bench about an hour into a hike today for just a minute and I noticed I had two ticks on my pant leg when I stood up… I noticed the ticks hang out on the benches and picnic tables and I saw a few in flowers alongside the trail, it’s like they have a heat map of where humans and animals often go the most.

So I found an incredible view and some rocks to sit on and rolled one up… about halfway through the hike… views of the bay had a nice much cooler strong breeze of San Francisco air blowing in which was nice. Beautiful day about 77 degrees out.

1 Like

3 Likes

All that tunnel needs is a poorly hand written sign offering free candy.

1 Like

it’s sealed off right about where it gets dark, this property used to belong to a state mental hospital though, which I think I saw where parts of that still are in a different part, they’re probably gated from the public though. There’s also the remains of a couple old mining cabins up there… everyone on the trails was friendly… and sometimes I wouldn’t see anyone for an hour. I smoked bowls the whole way…

1 Like

There’s a mountain in back which I think is the Napa Titty and it’s called Sugarloaf Peak which I’m probably going to have to climb someday… I was told the mountain lions, coyotes and wild boars mostly hang back there lol…

I saw someone posted this about it…

Love it, I run it at least once a week. Its an excellent interval workout, with fantastic views, especially if you take Skyline to the top to loop around and Chapperell on the way out. Bring water! IMPORTANT: Keep attention though, the place is not joking about the Rattlesnakes, Wild pigs, Coyotes, and Mountain Lions that they warn you about on the many signs on the way to the trailhead. I run into at least one or 2 of those things every week. Making Noise on certain parts of the trail or going in a group is a good way to avoid problems, but makes it less likely to see wildlife. The Coyotes will run away, The mountain lions are very shy, My eye is always looking in the trail grass for rattlesnakes, and well; The wild pigs are *a**holes (but rarely encountered) Have fun!

Yeah, but could reach out and pick the leaves?:grin:

In a hot air balloon you wouldn’t have such concerns. Plus, the view would be even more awesome.:grin:

Meanwhile in American Canyon

1 Like

Humboldt Bay

3 Likes

Nice shot. Serene.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Marched in the parade with the happiest people in Napa.

2 Likes

3 Likes

late morning (hot) walk

1 Like

I’ve been getting around California the past week

1 Like

Heady Glass at S.T.I.L. Humboldt glass and head shop… nice folks in there, very friendly even though I wasn’t really buying much… nice stuff, reasonable prices, the place to go to get something really nice at a nice price.

Went out to eat in downtown Friday and there was a cool band, then we got drunk at a nice place called Five Eleven off some very strong drinks… and I had the best burger ever there… filet mignon burger…I was drunk off two drinks, really drunk…

https://youtu.be/uKrqhmnH9Vw

Bayfront Restaurant yesterday… I don’t do Sushi but my roommate does… it looked like the sushi place… big menu of mostly sushi… I just had a glass of wine and got a cheeseburger on the way out of town lol.

Went to the Mexican Flea Market in Vallejo today and holy shit it was huge and we were the only gringos there except for the band… finally got a shot of this statue down by the water in Vallejo…

1 Like