Most boring drive in the world, driving across IL

I realized today it’s like staring at the same boring picture of an interstate in front of you and some corn fields on each side, for 4 hours.

1 Like

Try crossing Kansas sometime on I-70. Fields are even larger, crops are more boring, and it takes twice as many hours.

1 Like

I’ve done the Kansas I-70 thing quite a few times when I was playing in the band, what’s even worse is if you have to play somewhere in Kansas along the way for a week.

I’ve actually driven across IL! It wasn’t that bad but it was all new to me.

I have you both beat with a drive across Saskatchewan. Canola fields and that’s it.

This pic is from Saskatchewan:

3 Likes

I always thought Wyoming and Nebraska along 80 was tedious.

Nice pic! Yours?

Looks like a bumper GMO corn crop this year too, they aren’t going to be able to give that shit away.

No. I got it from the internoodles.

East to west, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, and eastern Colorado are each progressively duller.

Montana was a pretty dull drive IIRC.

Speaking of drives, @comeatmebro, do you know the name of the HWY that goes down the coast from WA to CA?

in Los Angeles they call it “the 101” but the rest of us call it 101. In stretches there is a HWY 1 that branches off if 101 veers too far from the water’s edge.

Yup 101 or us101 The Coast HWY

here’s a pic from my personal stash of 101

2 Likes

That’s the one! I was thinking 99 or 101 but I couldn’t remember.

What a gorgeous drive that is!

1 Like

99 is the one that coincides with or gives alternate accesses alongside Interstate 5 .

1 Like

And in many places is bifurcated into two different hwy’s 99W and 99E

I love driving that highway, especially around Monterey, Ca. I drove it many times.

It’s closed between Monterey and points south (Big Sur); two major slides and gonna be a LOOONG time before they get fixed. That is HWY 1, tho. 101 is about 10 miles inland thru Salinas at that latitude.

Oh my!:smile:

I am going to see if I can find some pictures, may take a few, though.

Angelenos also have their own section of the PCH, which they claim is the coolest in all the world. Ever since the middle thirties, when Clark Gable and Gary Cooper raced each other through the Hollywood Hills in their Duesenberg SSJs, it’s been the adventure road of choice for movie stars.