Some sort of scam email

From an address that looks like it’s from LePoste.net which appears to redirect to the French Postal service… Needless to say I didn’t open the .doc file which had a .dot extension whatever that is…

Hi!

I have a quite delicate question, which deals directly to you. Don’t be surprised from where I learned about you! The fact is that I have received already a second email from the person, unknown to me which asserts that you are fraud involved. He claims, that you persuaded him to transfer funds on your PayPal account under fictional request. Andwith this information he specified your private data up to address:

Then there was my name and old address from like 10 years ago…

Now he is collecting signatures and planing to go to the police. I suggest you to view the information that he is sending to me. I have attached myname.doc with a copy of all of his writings.
Document was encrypted - 7592

Please tell me what’s happening. I hope that all of this was a ridiculous mistake.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Fred Lenser

Instead of “open” use “edit” to see if it’s a real doc file, but it’s probably a scam

Send the file to AV companies, so they can put it in their signatures

That’s sort of stilted use of English, makes me think of a Russian accent or something like that.

Open in the file in unix or linux and see what it is.