Tomato blight after heavy rains, blossom end rot, calcium deficiency

@Bigdukesix I think the tomato problem is probably more of a calcium deficiency than a fungus, the heavy rains flush the nutrients out of the soil and this is what you end up with. Although it could very well be a combination of fungal problems and a calcium deficiency. I went around today spreading a teaspoon of bone meal at the base of all my tomato plants and some around my peppers and a few other things.

I been spraying them with baking soda detergent and I think it has made a GIGANTIC difference - every night I been doing it

1 tea spoon baking soda
1 drop of detergent
1 gallon of water

I have a few yellow ones picked already - the others got a ways to go

I still get some leaf spot every day but not enuf to do damage to the plant - so I been keeping it at bay

I’ve been spraying mine with baking soda too but I’m still having some problems and I’ve noticed blossom end rot on a few tomatoes. I’d rec the teaspoon of bone meal too… Getting ready to pick a couple ripe ones in the next couple days, a lot of them are taller than I am and I’m 6’2.

Instead of them poles you got I used PVC and drilled holes in them and stuck a nail in to tie the plant around - prolly around the same price thou

what size pvc did you use?

I started out using zip ties but ran out, I had some of the plant tie stuff but not much, couple hundred feet, then I found two big bags of pipe cleaners around the house and I’ve been using those to tie them up.

I get white flies on my tomatoes…but it doesn’t seem to impact them very much at all.

We’ve have tons of tomatoes right now…and peppers.

Also sprayed some epsom salts on my tomatoes once recently too. Just like the baking soda, teaspoon of epsom salt, shake it up, get it to dissolve, drop or two of dish soap.

I’ve been making some compost tea too but mainly giving that to the peppers, really all I do is get a scoop of compost out of the pile in a 5 gallon bucket and fill it with water, then I aerate it usually overnight, sometimes only a few hours though, then water the plants with it. Sometimes I’ll add some kelp and I’ve been thinking about throwing in some brown sugar, a little yeast would be great too but if I’m going to get into all that, I’m going to have to let that tap water sit overnight before I even add the compost to the water, etc. and I won’t hardly get any made. The plants seem to love it though.