A POTUS so nice they impeached him twice

Melania was very comforting, she told Donald, “It’s ok dear, as you get older, it gets harder to achieve an insurrection.” (Bill Maher)

#moarwinning

Now we chuckle.

1 Like

Didn’t some of those lawyers join up just in the last couple days?

I believe so.

tRumps best move at this point might be simply to offer no defense at all.

In essence daring the republicans in the Senate to vote for acquittal based on pure partisan loyalty to Himself. He’s got that much contempt for them.

they’re such spineless pussies, it might work.

2 Likes

OTOH, his ego is such that He might just defend himself. That would be a spectacle worth recording.

1 Like

“IT WAS A PERFECT INSURRECTION!”

…yes

1 Like

One of the stories I read claims he could do a better job defending himself than his legal team, and that may have led to some of the exodus. Dunno if true, but fits his prior statements about putting his agenda into others’ hands.

From today’s hearings

"I know this is a lot to listen to at once — a lot of words. But words are what make our Constitution, quite frankly, and the interpretation of that Constitution is as you well know a product of words.”

— David Schoen, one of Trump’s defense lawyers, arguing that the impeachment trial itself is unconstitutional because he’s no longer president

As someone once said, if you can’t argue the facts of the case, you argue against the procedure of the case. Might’ve been Rudy, but I doubt it.

Team tRump lost their first line of defense, and looked inept doing so.

1 Like

It’s pretty sad when your Defense Lawyer tells the jury that the Prosecution laid out a very good case, and hence had to switch direction on their feet.

1 Like

To be fair, Team tRump has an impossible job: defending the indefensible.

Too bad it’s all a shit show. The only stars will be the 45 GOP senators who already have the fix in.

They will be irrevocably fixed as supporting insurrection.

1 Like

Sure, and in all future election cycles the behavior will be much harder to discourage or prevent.

"Shoot, I guess it’s too late to nab him since he already left the bank.”

2 Likes

2 Likes