All charges are dropped in Alec Baldwin “Rust” case…

I love Alec. I think his parents deserve an award for the contribution they made to Hollywood with all the Baldwin boys.

1 Like

Good, not his job to manage the firearms.

1 Like

Stephen Baldwin is a MAGA jerk though, otherwise I agree with you.

I think Alec Baldwin has great comedic timing and has had excellent roles in his career. The character he played in Glengarry Glenross is great, his role in The Departed is also great.

2 Likes

I realized why he was named early on and predicted this outcome on another obscure forum.

I’m glad he can go back to his life now. It was obvious this was stressful for him. The most recent photo posted by his wife is of him cradling her in his arms.

I still think it was extremely negligent for them to be firing live rounds from a stage prop while onset. Someone died and it was senseless.

2 Likes

Live rounds had no business on the set, imho.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why they weren’t using blanks. It is senseless.

I read about it a bit earlier today. Apparently they couldn’t bring charges because the trigger mechanism was sort of loose and unreliable. I am guessing it went off during testing. Those tests probably were turned over as exculpatory evidence to the defense.

Case was over at that point.

I read that they handed the vintage Colt pistol to Alec and told him it was ready. More than likely, the prosecution was trying to avoid “the empty chair” defense. The charges against the co-defendant and armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed remain unchanged.

They may charge him again

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/prosecutors-prep-evidence-for-alec-baldwin-rust-shooting-grand-jury-what-you-need-to-know/ar-AA1k5VYM