Allerton Park

Didn’t take a lot of photos today but will be going back again soon probably and I’ll post some more in this thread… Basically this rich gay guy had a huge estate and mansion built for him in central IL… Gay marriage wasn’t an option then so he adopted his lover as his son, he was really into art and went around the world collecting art to bring back to his estate… there are lots of gardens and a lot of statues, it’s an awesome place and now maintained by the University of IL who use the mansion as a sort of conference center and bed and breakfast type deal.

1 Like

2 Likes

The must be an amazing place.

It’s my most favorite place around here. We didn’t really walk around much today… that photo I posted is just one of the many gardens.

This is from online… here’s the Mansion, took a tour of it last winter it was pretty neat, they were definitely into the esoteric mysticism and bet they had some wild parties at this place.

Today we mostly just hung out down by this statue (the Sunsinger) and played frisbee and smoked pot.

2 Likes

All the colors in the foliage is cool, it almost looks like fall.

I’m sure that was taken during the fall, just a pic from the web.

oh duh

Beautiful place. Thanks for sharing with us.

Yeah it’s like some billionaires cool artsy estate you can walk around in… it’s a beautiful place, especially for central IL. .