Aloe for your other plants

I’m reading to water with about a teaspoon a gallon I think it was… possibly a tablespoon, experiment… I’d go with fresh and since I have a huge aloe plant, I have plenty of fresh aloe for my garden. From what I get from the research I’ve done on it today, it stimulates the plants immune system as described below and contains numerous vitamins, trace minerals and micronutrients. Supposedly also works great as a dip for cuttings. Shit looks like I should start consuming some myself.

One of the most dynamic research streams in agricultural science relates to the investigation of plant immunity and the triggers that activates the plant to fight its own battles. It is now understood that the plant has an immune system, which can be both monitored and magnified. Salicylic acid, for example, the biochemical upon which aspirin is based, activates the plant’s immune system. Aloe vera is the richest natural source of this compound and many of our growers benefit from the inclusion of this plant extract in their programs.

Aloe has the ability to penetrate the deepest body tissues some 7 layers deep. It has
6 antiseptic agents, which kill bacteria, viruses and fungus. The gel of aloe Vera is
potent and it is got from the leaves. This Aloe gel has as many as 75 nutrients,
which augur good health. It stimulates the growth of new health tissues. It has
calming effect on the body’s nervous system and cleanses, detoxifies and
normalizes the body’s metabolism. It has been discovered that this plant ALOE
VERA has been very result oriented for the past 30 Centuries and there are
beautiful – testimonies from users who have now become part of this naturally
efficacious plant.

THERE IS NOW SCIENTIFIC PROOF THAT ALOE VERA: -

1. Contains constituents that accelerate wound healing.
  2. Helps reduce inflammation, pain and itching.
  3. Is a wonderful moisturizing agent and penetrant.
  4. Is a naturally hypo-allergic and about the same pH as skin.
  5. Was recently proven to stimulate the body’s immune system.

Every old school Mexican family has aloe in the yard. My mom used it to heal our cuts and burns when we were kids.

It’s a wondrous medicinal plant.

Try adding some to the water you give your other plants, I’d start with about a teaspoon a gallon, what I did was just squeeze some off a chunk I cut off a leaf into my watering jug and shook it up well.

This guy’s 1/4 cup a gallon sounds a little much but maybe not!

Amino Acid

Aloe Vera contains the following Amino Acids: Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Valine, And Tryptophan, Alanine, Arginine, Asparagine, Cysteine, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Histidine, Proline, Serine, Tyrosine, Glutamine, And Aspartic Acid.

Enzymes

Those include the following: Amylase, Bradykinase, Catalase, Cellulase, Lipase, Oxidase, Alkaline Phosphatase, Proteolytiase, Creatine Phosphokinase and Carboxypeptidase.

Micro & Micro Nutrients

These include Vitamins A, C, E and B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12 in addition to Choline, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Magnanese, Chromium, Selenium, Copper, Iorn, Potassium, Phosphorus and Sodium.

Lingnins & Polysaccharides

They include: Galactose, Xylose, Arabinose, Acetylated Mannose And Acemannan.

And of course there’s the Salicylic acid compound and its associated benefits as far as root development. Adding 1/4 cup of Aloe Vera juice/extract/whatever term you want to use to 1 gallon of water and use that to wet your rooting medium - even Grodan Rockwool cubes - will give you root size and development that is nothing short of amazing. Or at least in my experience.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m going to try it.

Try the seaweed/kelp too, makes the plants go nuts.